• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom half-yearly Men's sale

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The similar thread on the upcoming BB thread got me curious:

Anyone have an info on how deep the discounts will be this year for Nordys? I've a gift card sitting around waiting to be used and expect I'll get another at Christmas. Might make for a new pair of shoes. For the right price.

b

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I was out there Christmas shopping the other day, and it looks like things might be deeper than normal this year. Things were already on sale, so I'd guess discounts will be better than in the past.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent to hear. Not for Nordstrom of course...

FYI they usually mark everything a day or two before, so you can find some stuff before the riff-raff get in and they'll hold it for you.
smile.gif

b

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
According to the postcard I just received, starts the 26th (at 7:00AM!) Wonder if the Santonis will be on sale.

james_gsx

Reaction score
Just call a store, or go in. A lot of them are already doing pre-sales. There was a 3 piece Varvatos suit down from $800-$900 to $5xx, and some Canali's were going 50% off.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything seasonal Italian, plus non-basic Italian is at 50% from day one, this means Canali, Armani, Zegna for sure. I'm not sure about the Versace, Z-Zegna, Dolce Gabbana though.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this year is seriously like 2 black fridays.

lizmasc

Reaction score
this year is seriously like 2 black fridays.

Eh. Now that the cashback is over (although you can still find some good deals on ebay) this is coming very in handy. I wonder if anyone will be there at 7am of the 26th
laugh.gif
smiley2.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
According to the postcard I just received, starts the 26th (at 7:00AM!) Wonder if the Santonis will be on sale.

Yes, I am also waiting for Santonis to go on sale. They say one or two pairs of Santonis go on sale, not sure how true that is.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Yes, I am also waiting for Santonis to go on sale. They say one or two pairs of Santonis go on sale, not sure how true that is.

They usually have a couple of pairs. I know they did in the summer (got some jadwin
smile.gif
)

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
They usually have a couple of pairs. I know they did in the summer (got some jadwin
smile.gif
)

Just called Nordstrom's in Atlanta. They only Santoni they have on sale is the tassel loafer for 40% off...
frown.gif

yawn123_#21

Reaction score
anniversary sale is def better. halfyearly shoe wise isn't that great. they put designer usually a week earlier marked down, then everything is marked down during the sale about 33-40% off. then after ~1.5weeks-2 weeks stuff goes down to 50% off, then they send everything to nordstrom rack, and at rack they take another % off.
halfyearly shoes theres gonna be alot of crappy stuff like athletic shoes, ed hardy or other casual mostly kids wearing crap. Usually some ferragamo, santoni's are rare. i'm guessing prolly penny loafer or tassells that didn't sell. Although most people who shop half-yearlys don't go for the santoni or ferragamo, bruno maglis or anything else that builds a somewhat decent shoe and they go straight for cheap.
Although alot of ppl here don't really like ferragamo, I like it, and at 200$ or 50% off it's decent imo. I mean 200$ is rougly a gordon rush or hugoboss or some other crappy shoe.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not needed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads