Nordstrom half-yearly Men's sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rdawson808, Dec 19, 2008.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

The similar thread on the upcoming BB thread got me curious:

Anyone have an info on how deep the discounts will be this year for Nordys? I've a gift card sitting around waiting to be used and expect I'll get another at Christmas. Might make for a new pair of shoes. For the right price.

b

2. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I was out there Christmas shopping the other day, and it looks like things might be deeper than normal this year. Things were already on sale, so I'd guess discounts will be better than in the past.

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Excellent to hear. Not for Nordstrom of course...

FYI they usually mark everything a day or two before, so you can find some stuff before the riff-raff get in and they'll hold it for you. [​IMG]

b

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

According to the postcard I just received, starts the 26th (at 7:00AM!) Wonder if the Santonis will be on sale.

6. james_gsx

james_gsx Well-Known Member

Just call a store, or go in. A lot of them are already doing pre-sales. There was a 3 piece Varvatos suit down from $800-$900 to $5xx, and some Canali's were going 50% off.

7. hadamulletonce

hadamulletonce Senior member

I'm sure we'll see some very deep discounts at the half yearly.

8. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Everything seasonal Italian, plus non-basic Italian is at 50% from day one, this means Canali, Armani, Zegna for sure. I'm not sure about the Versace, Z-Zegna, Dolce Gabbana though.

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

this year is seriously like 2 black fridays.

10. lizmasc

lizmasc Senior member

this year is seriously like 2 black fridays.

Eh. Now that the cashback is over (although you can still find some good deals on ebay) this is coming very in handy. I wonder if anyone will be there at 7am of the 26th [​IMG][​IMG]

11. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

According to the postcard I just received, starts the 26th (at 7:00AM!) Wonder if the Santonis will be on sale.

Yes, I am also waiting for Santonis to go on sale. They say one or two pairs of Santonis go on sale, not sure how true that is.

12. micbain

micbain Senior member

Yes, I am also waiting for Santonis to go on sale. They say one or two pairs of Santonis go on sale, not sure how true that is.

They usually have a couple of pairs. I know they did in the summer (got some jadwin[​IMG] )

13. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

They usually have a couple of pairs. I know they did in the summer (got some jadwin[​IMG] )

Just called Nordstrom's in Atlanta. They only Santoni they have on sale is the tassel loafer for 40% off... [​IMG]

14. yawn123_#21

yawn123_#21 Well-Known Member

anniversary sale is def better. halfyearly shoe wise isn't that great. they put designer usually a week earlier marked down, then everything is marked down during the sale about 33-40% off. then after ~1.5weeks-2 weeks stuff goes down to 50% off, then they send everything to nordstrom rack, and at rack they take another % off.
    halfyearly shoes theres gonna be alot of crappy stuff like athletic shoes, ed hardy or other casual mostly kids wearing crap. Usually some ferragamo, santoni's are rare. i'm guessing prolly penny loafer or tassells that didn't sell. Although most people who shop half-yearlys don't go for the santoni or ferragamo, bruno maglis or anything else that builds a somewhat decent shoe and they go straight for cheap.
    Although alot of ppl here don't really like ferragamo, I like it, and at 200$ or 50% off it's decent imo. I mean 200$ is rougly a gordon rush or hugoboss or some other crappy shoe.

15. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

not needed