• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom AE Park Avenue shipping costs to Canada

steezy

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the Allen Edmonds Park Avenues from Nordstrom, until I saw the shipping to Toronto.

Shipping Method DHL Express (4-11 business days)

Item Subtotal = $198.84
Shipping = $44.23
Duty&Taxes = $66.29
Order Total = $309.36

With the shipping, duty, and taxes coming to $100, would I be better off using one of those online proxy services? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might not save too much money using proxy. Your best bet is B&S and ebay. I got some nice AEs for 100 + 25 shipping to TO.

On a related note, Harry Rosen has AEs on sale too, but they're still frustratingly expensive. Their idea of a sale price on AEs is to sell it at the American regular price.

Pressfan

Reaction score
The figure for duty and taxes seems far too high. As the shoes are made in the U.S., there should be no duty. HST (for Ontario) on the shoes and the shipping should be less than half the figure quoted. It might be worthwhile to contact Nordstrom and ask them to explain the tax figure. The shipping charge is ridiculous, though.

DrPsycho

Reaction score
Absurd. I hate how ridiculous it can be to ship stuff across the border.

Since I signed up with Kinek, I just get things shipped to a pay-as-you-go postal destination in Buffalo. I try to cluster purchases to arrive at about the same time, usually when I'm going to be down that way anyhow. It's up to you how honest you choose to be when declaring items at the border on the way back. :satisfied:

With the strength of the Canadian dollar and the relative ease of finding deals online, I've given that place plenty or business.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got two pairs of AEs shipped to TO during the sale - $536 Canadian with tax, duty and shipping. Those numbers seem off.

Last edited:

DrPsycho

Reaction score
In some cases they'll roll in extra fees for the "customs and brokerage paperwork."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads