1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

nonnative

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The Thin Man, Jul 14, 2012.

1. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

The nonnative autumn-winter 2012 collection is up: http://nonnative.com/styles/ .

It's based on Portland, Oregon, style. It's a better version of what I was wearing in 1993, which appeals to me. I'm a fan of the brand, which is somewhat similar to Wings + Horns, but -- as I'm sure many of you know -- of better quality with a more interesting range.

I'm also glad to see the retailer list (of those that ship to the U.S.) has expanded: http://nonnative.com/store/ .

For the spring-summer, it was only LN-CC, Oki-Ni, Haven and Roden Gray. For the fall, Tres Bien Shop and Mohawk General Store have been added. I will be interested to see what they choose to buy from the extensive product selection: http://nonnative.com/products/ .

Any thoughts?

2. The Thin Man

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Great to see TBS and Mohawk will be carrying their stuff. The guys at Roden Gray have always been super helpful and informative, and seemed to have the best prices out of the folks who ship to the US.
    Definitely one of my favorite brands, the construction and details on the items i own are really something else. Pretty keen on the Lumberer shoes and will be very tempted to pick up a pair once they're released.

4. London

London Senior member

I just bought a hiker jacket. I'm waiting for it to arrive.

5. The Thin Man

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

so does tres bien and oki- ni

7. London

London Senior member

Haven has some stuff. I bought a light jacket off of roden gray a few months back that is one of my favorite pieces

8. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Mohawk has some stuff online now. The heavy oxford's are nice, I'd picked one up from Roden Grey last time they were available and it's one of my favorite shirts.

9. The Thin Man

Here are the links for Haven and Mohawk General Store:

Haven.

Mohawk.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  10. The Thin Man

11. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Can anyone who owns NN stuff comment on the sizing of their tees, button ups and sweatshirts? I'm normally a small in most brands, but on the larger side of small due to an athletic build. So I'm inclined to order mediums in the tees and smalls in the others.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

12. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Size 2 would probably work best in button ups. Size 1 is a little tight in the shoulders if you've got more of an athletic build.

13. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

New season is up, the lookbook isn't too appealing imo but the actual products look to be on point as usual.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Love it, will instakop a few items.

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

So, anyone have a way of buying this stuff from japan? Some items I want already sold out from my preferred webstore =/

16. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Coverchord, but their stock goes fast. Other than that a proxy service may be your only option.

17. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Coverchord...yea, when you said their stock goes fast...you mean, sold out within a few hours. They only had a small first drop and the items I wanted sold out bc I was waiting for the other drops to save on shipping. Had to go through proxy for individual pieces now, but whatevs, i guess.

18. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Boring sizing question I'm afraid, but can anyone comment on how Nonnative jeans fit?

Size 0 in the Dweller looks ok from the measurements (I'm a 30 waist), but the Coverchord model is the same height and slightly skinnier than me and wears a 1 [​IMG] All the details (knee darts, pocket shape) look really neat.

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Where are you finding measurements?

And are the easy rib explorers or trooper pants always a drawstring waist? Or does it change season to season?

20. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member