• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-traditional Bachelor Party

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best friend and "best woman" from my wedding is trying to plan a bachelor party for me and has asked what I would like.

Has anyone had a nice non-traditional (i.e. no strippers or golf or other "guy" stuff) bachelor party recently? Any ideas?

I'm also a little torn on the guest list. I guess I can ask her to invite anyone I wish, but something about it seems weird. Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"? How about friends' wives and partners with whom you are equally close?

b

alflauren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"?

b

Aaaaahhhh! Run away!

Just kidding. If she doesn't mind drinking, do a lot of that. Have a nice dinner out, followed by alcohol until the bars close. Otherwise, I hear Scrabble is fun.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
what has the world come to???

The Bachelor Party Is Not A Time To Deviate From Tradition.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a name for a co-ed bachelor party. It's called a "wedding shower."

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
There's a name for a co-ed bachelor party. It's called a "wedding shower."
There's a name for the sort of guys that let their fiances talk them into having one too.

Nonk

Reaction score
Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"?
Are you serious?

You might not mind, but what about the rest of the chaps? What happens on tour stays on tour, and the easy way to ensure this is no chicks allowed.

This is not one of those rules that is meant to be broken.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think tradition is a good thing, I had a traditional "prayer meeting" at my bachelor party, with a lot of "Lawd have mercy," "Good Gawd," and "Amen!" The fact that I knew one of the "deaconesses" was an added bonus. But, I digress. . . . If you want to do something different, go to a ball game or take a boat day-cruise.

I once went to a bachelor party with a female "best mate," and she went traditional: picked him up in a 60's convertible, cigars, scotch, strippers giving lollypop rides -- the whole nine yards. She even had a lollypop ride.

As for bringing the fiancee or going coed, I would advise against it. Enjoy the time with your friends, there are enough events related to the wedding that are coed.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow.gif
Unless they're working girls, there are to be absolutely NO chicks allowed at bachelor parties!! In fact, to be on the safe side, I usually recommend being in different city or state than the bride during this event (I went to another country for mine, well to NJ but I'm in Canada).

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Bob is just saying he doesn't want a bachelor party. That's cool. Personally, I've been to a few strippers and whiskey bachelor parties, and they've always been kind of sad. Granted, these guys have not been really good friends of mine, which might make a difference. I could see enjoying that scene with the right people.

What do you like to do? Even if it's not a stag party, this thing should focus on you treating yourself to something you wouldn't, usually, and ostensibly won't often after you're married. Secondarily, it should be fun for the guests. Maybe you want to have a cigar and martini night at a snazzy cocktail lounge, and a limo back and forth. Maybe dinner, a play or an opera or something, then late night drinks and food. I think, at the least, it should be somewhat decadent/excessive.

People are going to balk at your fiancee attending, but if she's the only one in the wedding party not invited, then invite her.

Personally, I'm not real keen on strippers/gambling/etc., and when my time comes, I'd prefer a ball game, good food, and lots of drink. But you can bet it will be just me and my friends, no female guests invited.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I hiked the Grand Canyon once with a friend who didn't want to do the traditional bachelor party.

However, I think the traditional one is more fun. It doesn't have to be all debauchery and table dances. For mine, my buddies and I went to San Diego for the weekend (which happened to coincide with the first weekend of the NCAA Basketball Tournament). So in addition to hitting a few strip clubs, we watched a lot of basketball, played a lot of video games at Dave & Busters, hit the beach and had some great seafood.

Buster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe
I think you should go play paintball.
Did it once. The bachelor got injured and we spent the night at the hospital (had to get stitches). Great idea, but if the bachelor is too competitive - can be risky.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bob,

let me nominate myself as a stand in best friend. if you need me, I can come out to Maryland and get you in trouble with your fiance. nobody should miss their bachlor party.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics