• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-traditional Bachelor Party

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about attending a sporting event of a team you like/follow, followed by a dinner at a nice restaurant, and capped off with some bar hopping? Basically, a bachelor party without the strippers, which is what it sounds like you want.

I'd avoid having the fiancee there (or any other women, other than your "best woman"). There'll be plenty of wedding related activities involving both you and your fiancee.

Of course, the fact that you have a "best woman" shows you're a bit of a non-traditionalist already. Do what you want and what you'll remember as being a good time. Despite some of the above responses, the drunk, stripper/hooker laden bachelor party isn't for everyone.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Golf trip (helps to be a golfer). Add golf at a Nice place, cigars, scotch, party of 8-12 or so, poker, dinner.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
My best friend and "best woman" from my wedding is trying to plan a bachelor party for me and has asked what I would like.

Has anyone had a nice non-traditional (i.e. no strippers or golf or other "guy" stuff) bachelor party recently? Any ideas?

I'm also a little torn on the guest list. I guess I can ask her to invite anyone I wish, but something about it seems weird. Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"? How about friends' wives and partners with whom you are equally close?

b

Depends on time of year, but I've done indoor rock climbing (harnesses so everyone is safe) and a water park.

Have also had a great time at places that specialize in old arcade games.

have fun!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fight Club
smile.gif

mrpologuy

Reaction score
How about going canoeing, boating or fishing for the day and then grilling out at night with a couple of cold cases of suds on hand.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
What do you like to do? Even if it's not a stag party, this thing should focus on you treating yourself to something you wouldn't, usually, and ostensibly won't often after you're married. Secondarily, it should be fun for the guests. Maybe you want to have a cigar and martini night at a snazzy cocktail lounge, and a limo back and forth. Maybe dinner, a play or an opera or something, then late night drinks and food. I think, at the least, it should be somewhat decadent/excessive.

Shore sounds really on point: something out of the ordinary, interesting to you, but over the top in some way. Cars, shooting, and food are major pastimes of mine, so I'd like to have the crew go out in rented exotics, bomb around the countryside for awhile, shoot a round of sporting clays, have a dinner in which I am given a really nice bottle of scotch, and go home. Pefect.

What do you like that you can somehow push to the edge in some sort of exhilarating manner? Do that.

Regards,
Huntsman

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Hey, here's your chance to crack some heads on that construction crew next door!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kidding aside, call me traditional, conservative... whatever, but all these alternative ideas sound very lame to me. Hookers, booze and drugs is the way to go here (gambling is optional but a good add-on).

I'm a happily married guy but if I'm going to take the night off from the family routine for a bachelor party, there better be some T&A.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
attended something like this years ago. a friend of mine was supposed to have a "bachelor party" and to my understanding we were supposed to meet at his house (which is just a few blocks from a row of very very classy strip clubs here)... much to my surprise his fiance and her bevy of friends were also there, and we ended up having dinner at their house.

that was a definite waste of me and my friends' time. heck, even the groom's father came up to me and asked if we were going to a club after that "bachelor party" coz i think he wants to come along!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Remember Bob, a whole lifetime of pleasant dinner parties awaits.

And on each and every one of these nights, you wont have the excuse you have now.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my perspective, nothing could be better than spending the rest of my life with my wife. Having a bachelor party was never a consideration. A bachelor party is just one more of those things that other people do that I don't do.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for all of the thoughtful responses guys. I think a few of you hit it on the head. My plan is to invite whoever the hell I want (but not my fiancee, I was just curious if anyone ever had) and we will do "something out of the ordinary, interesting to [me], but over the top in some way" as Huntsman has paraphrased Shoreman.

And thanks for the offer Zach, but the position of best friend is filled even though she's a woman it's my bachelor party.
smile.gif

bob

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
From my perspective, nothing could be better than spending the rest of my life with my wife. Having a bachelor party was never a consideration. A bachelor party is just one more of those things that other people do that I don't do.
I felt/feel the same way. It had to happen eventually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads