1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Non-traditional Bachelor Party

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rdawson808, Aug 23, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

My best friend and "best woman" from my wedding is trying to plan a bachelor party for me and has asked what I would like.

Has anyone had a nice non-traditional (i.e. no strippers or golf or other "guy" stuff) bachelor party recently? Any ideas?

I'm also a little torn on the guest list. I guess I can ask her to invite anyone I wish, but something about it seems weird. Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"? How about friends' wives and partners with whom you are equally close?

b

2. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"?

b

Aaaaahhhh! Run away!

Just kidding. If she doesn't mind drinking, do a lot of that. Have a nice dinner out, followed by alcohol until the bars close. Otherwise, I hear Scrabble is fun.

3. Matt

Matt Senior member

what has the world come to???

The Bachelor Party Is Not A Time To Deviate From Tradition.

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

There's a name for a co-ed bachelor party. It's called a "wedding shower."

5. Matt

Matt Senior member

There's a name for a co-ed bachelor party. It's called a "wedding shower."
    There's a name for the sort of guys that let their fiances talk them into having one too.

6. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Are you serious?

You might not mind, but what about the rest of the chaps? What happens on tour stays on tour, and the easy way to ensure this is no chicks allowed.

This is not one of those rules that is meant to be broken.

7. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

I think tradition is a good thing, I had a traditional "prayer meeting" at my bachelor party, with a lot of "Lawd have mercy," "Good Gawd," and "Amen!" The fact that I knew one of the "deaconesses" was an added bonus. But, I digress. . . . If you want to do something different, go to a ball game or take a boat day-cruise.

I once went to a bachelor party with a female "best mate," and she went traditional: picked him up in a 60's convertible, cigars, scotch, strippers giving lollypop rides -- the whole nine yards. She even had a lollypop ride.

As for bringing the fiancee or going coed, I would advise against it. Enjoy the time with your friends, there are enough events related to the wedding that are coed.

8. EL72

EL72 Senior member

[​IMG] Unless they're working girls, there are to be absolutely NO chicks allowed at bachelor parties!! In fact, to be on the safe side, I usually recommend being in different city or state than the bride during this event (I went to another country for mine, well to NJ but I'm in Canada).

9. otterhound

otterhound Senior member

strippers giving lollypop rides
    Ok, call me naive, but what is this?

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I sincerely hope that the OP is joking. Or that he is going on his fifth marriage and has "been there, done that" in regards to bachelor parties.

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I think Bob is just saying he doesn't want a bachelor party. That's cool. Personally, I've been to a few strippers and whiskey bachelor parties, and they've always been kind of sad. Granted, these guys have not been really good friends of mine, which might make a difference. I could see enjoying that scene with the right people.

What do you like to do? Even if it's not a stag party, this thing should focus on you treating yourself to something you wouldn't, usually, and ostensibly won't often after you're married. Secondarily, it should be fun for the guests. Maybe you want to have a cigar and martini night at a snazzy cocktail lounge, and a limo back and forth. Maybe dinner, a play or an opera or something, then late night drinks and food. I think, at the least, it should be somewhat decadent/excessive.

People are going to balk at your fiancee attending, but if she's the only one in the wedding party not invited, then invite her.

Personally, I'm not real keen on strippers/gambling/etc., and when my time comes, I'd prefer a ball game, good food, and lots of drink. But you can bet it will be just me and my friends, no female guests invited.

12. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I hiked the Grand Canyon once with a friend who didn't want to do the traditional bachelor party.

However, I think the traditional one is more fun. It doesn't have to be all debauchery and table dances. For mine, my buddies and I went to San Diego for the weekend (which happened to coincide with the first weekend of the NCAA Basketball Tournament). So in addition to hitting a few strip clubs, we watched a lot of basketball, played a lot of video games at Dave & Busters, hit the beach and had some great seafood.

13. bBoy JEe

bBoy JEe Senior member

I think you should go play paintball.

14. Buster

Buster Senior member

I think you should go play paintball.
    Did it once. The bachelor got injured and we spent the night at the hospital (had to get stitches). Great idea, but if the bachelor is too competitive - can be risky.

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Bob,

let me nominate myself as a stand in best friend. if you need me, I can come out to Maryland and get you in trouble with your fiance. nobody should miss their bachlor party.

16. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

What about attending a sporting event of a team you like/follow, followed by a dinner at a nice restaurant, and capped off with some bar hopping? Basically, a bachelor party without the strippers, which is what it sounds like you want.

I'd avoid having the fiancee there (or any other women, other than your "best woman"). There'll be plenty of wedding related activities involving both you and your fiancee.

Of course, the fact that you have a "best woman" shows you're a bit of a non-traditionalist already. Do what you want and what you'll remember as being a good time. Despite some of the above responses, the drunk, stripper/hooker laden bachelor party isn't for everyone.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Golf trip (helps to be a golfer). Add golf at a Nice place, cigars, scotch, party of 8-12 or so, poker, dinner.

18. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

My best friend and "best woman" from my wedding is trying to plan a bachelor party for me and has asked what I would like.

Has anyone had a nice non-traditional (i.e. no strippers or golf or other "guy" stuff) bachelor party recently? Any ideas?

I'm also a little torn on the guest list. I guess I can ask her to invite anyone I wish, but something about it seems weird. Has anyone had their fiancee at their "bachelor party"? How about friends' wives and partners with whom you are equally close?

b

Depends on time of year, but I've done indoor rock climbing (harnesses so everyone is safe) and a water park.

Have also had a great time at places that specialize in old arcade games.

have fun!

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

20. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

How about going canoeing, boating or fishing for the day and then grilling out at night with a couple of cold cases of suds on hand.