• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-Silk ties

Talbina

Reaction score
Hello, Does anyone know a place to get non silk ties other than http://www.jaanj.com/ ? I have some Protocol ones, and a Valentino one. Protocol: i have 3...2 are really bad looking, i don't know why i got them. The other one is amazing. Valentino: it seems like companies that regularly make only silk ties, usually have some non-silk ties for the purpose of the grain/texture. This Valentino one i have is amazing looking. Thanks

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't wanna open that site, but I bet it sucks.

pitboss12

Reaction score
You can have my vintage Oscar De La Renta slim poly tie that I picked up for Halloween if you want.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift stores might have polyester stuff from them '70's and that's about it.

Doc4

Reaction score
Check out STP ... I got an Altea wool tie there a while ago, and I think they might have some Isaia wool ties now ...

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Talbina
Hello,

Does anyone know a place to get non silk ties other than http://www.jaanj.com/ ?

I have some Protocol ones, and a Valentino one.

Protocol: i have 3...2 are really bad looking, i don't know why i got them. The other one is amazing.

Valentino: it seems like companies that regularly make only silk ties, usually have some non-silk ties for the purpose of the grain/texture. This Valentino one i have is amazing looking.

Thanks

Hello Talbina,

and welcome.

I checked the link and was surprised. There are many ties and good prises. Why don't you by there?

Yours
GN

SwimmingWatch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Talbina
Hello,

Does anyone know a place to get non silk ties other than http://www.jaanj.com/ ?

I have some Protocol ones, and a Valentino one.

Protocol: i have 3...2 are really bad looking, i don't know why i got them. The other one is amazing.

Valentino: it seems like companies that regularly make only silk ties, usually have some non-silk ties for the purpose of the grain/texture. This Valentino one i have is amazing looking.

Thanks

As a stylish vegan (I hope) who swears by Jaan J., and has friends that love them also...I'm with Golf_Nerd...Why not go with Jaan J.?

SwimmingWatch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

It actually doesn't but I know where you're coming from. I used to think the same before Jaan J.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

It's actually not nearly so bad as you might think. Actually kind of interesting.

Talbina

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SwimmingWatch
As a stylish vegan (I hope) who swears by Jaan J., and has friends that love them also...I'm with Golf_Nerd...Why not go with Jaan J.?

Hello,

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I forgot to mention that I actually have 9 ties so far from JaanJ.

I'm looking for more variety.

But thanks anyways.

I'm also looking for non-silk pocket squares if anyone can help.

Talbina

Reaction score
A side note:

EVERY TIME i wear a JaanJ tie i got lots of comments about it, i mean lots. Pretty much every girl says something about my tie. Nobody knows they are non-silk, and once I tell them, they got very surprised. Furthermore they are very high quality and come in nice packaging.

Don't think for a minute that just because you buy silk only, that you're automatically looking good.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Kent Wang for all your pocket square needs.

jessetk313

Reaction score
I actually think the narrow cotton ties aren't half bad

Atlantic herring

Reaction score
I would say that a non silk tie is a no no, as long as it looks as a silk tie. A cotton tie or cashmere could be nice. And for that price you could do better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics