• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NON-jean–but–still–streetwear–dressed–up–a–bit–questio n...

Anamoly

Reaction score
Allright guys need some advice. Usually I roll in my kickin mules or 5eps with some canvas slip-ons and polos. Wear this pretty much everyday (I work in creative industry). But what would you recommend for dressing that up a bit with a non jean outfit. For instance a date or a meeting with clients type situations where you want to look not so casual? pants: __?__ shoes: __?__ shirt: __?__
bigstar[1].gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
Allright guys need some advice.

Usually I roll in my kickin mules or 5eps with some canvas slip-ons and polos. Wear this pretty much everyday (I work in creative industry).

But what would you recommend for dressing that up a bit with a non jean outfit. For instance a date or a meeting with clients type situations where you want to look not so casual?

bigstar[1].gif

by non-jean outfit are you wanting to know how to dress up your slip-ons and polos?

or are you wanting to know how to dress up your jeans?

I am not much for dressing up my jeans personally. If i need to be dressed up but want the comfort of jeans I wear 5-pocket khakis like one might dress pants with a shirt and tie or sweater.

As for slip-ons and polos. Polos could be dressed up by tucking them in and wearing a belt, you'll like you're about to play golf. And slip-ons (outside of the leather vans slip ons maybe) I doubt could be dressed up too much.

thats my opinion anyhow.

Anamoly

Reaction score
no robbie, sorry didnt explain that well enough.

A completely new outfit, no jeans, but still with a streetwear feel. I was thinking some grey khakis, so what kind of shoes and shirt would go with those pants and not look like -- you nailed it -- headed to the golf course?

velobran

Reaction score
With grey khakis .. or even a nice tan khaki pant in a slim fit ... I would go with a pair of mocs and a nice sweater or knit short sleeve.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This is so easy, one of my styles.

Slim tapered cotton pants, (gray, black or navy) cut nicely like margiela, raf simons (tons out there you just have to know where to look), nice slim lace-ups and a fitted button up maybe with sleeves rolled up.

Anamoly

Reaction score
thanks guys good info so far.

But could you be more specific as far as brands. For instance slim lace ups? like...

maybe even pics of an outfit if its not too much trouble.

thanks.

itskub

Reaction score
apc's website had good fits.
theory has excellent fitting pants (unlike the shirts), though I rarely see them on sale.
also jcrew has decent grey chinos.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theory shirts fit fantastic this year, if you have a decent build.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
33421201-05.jpg

These are only 27.80 from Heritage 1981. I think they fit the bill right?

I am not the one you'd want to ask when it comes to shirts, this is a weak spot in my personal style.

As for shoes, I think that Sperry Top siders are quite comfortable and dressy enough, I don't know how they would work with those grey jeans, but I have a pair of navy ones that go alright with khakis imo. They come in a bazillion colours, so you might give them a shot.

100210_41.jpg

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton trousers suck. Khakis and chinos are for squares. Go with wool. Slim cut, possibly with a subtle pattern like Prince of Wales check (stripes on odd trousers are odd). Get some cool dress shoes: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=36891

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a pair of engineered parachute pants, a crisp white APC button down and a pair of CP achilles

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anamoly

Reaction score
thanks.

I was thinking some sort of engineered cargo or parachute pant too. Also the apc stuff looks good.

I wish godmother would hook SF up with some 5ep khakis too...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads