• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-iron slim fit shirts

blah23

Reaction score
What stores offer slim fit shirts in non-iron? So far I have gone to BB and BR without any luck. BB is not quite slim enough (although it isn't too far off) and BR doesnt seem even close for slim fit. What other options are there available? Price range is sub $90. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If BB extra slim isnt slim enough than you're buying the wrong neck size. Size down until you cant button it than size up 1/2"

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
bb doesnt make a non-iron extra-slim, just the regular slim. how skinny are you that a slim-fit bb is still loose?

nbmplano

Reaction score
I usually size down on BR non iron slim fit (I get a small instead of a med.) and it fits good. Pretty slim but I guess I can get away with it with 15.5x33 as my usual size (as if I had longer arms the sleeves might be too short.)

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can easily get online MTM at the price, and even some in-person MTM depending on where you go. Or you could just buy shirts you want and pay $10 to have them slimmed. Or have a woman in your life take it in for you.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-iron shirts suck because the creases are not sharp.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt sells a slim fit non iron, but I haven't tried them.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbmplano
I usually size down on BR non iron slim fit (I get a small instead of a med.) and it fits good. Pretty slim but I guess I can get away with it with 15.5x33 as my usual size (as if I had longer arms the sleeves might be too short.)

this. I buy their XS and its the only slim-fitting dress shirt I've ever found that fits pretty much perfect with no need for tailoring anywhere, no billowing whatsoever. at $38 each when they have their good sales, they're an unbeatable value. now if only they didn't have such tacky designs most of the time I would recommend them. they had some decent basic offerings back in spring but the pickings are pretty slim right now.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB does offer extra slim fit which is the only one that really fit me. I had to size up the sleeve length from a 35 to 36 since the shoulders were in better proportion. At the time of trying them, the only ones offered in extra slim fit were the gingham shirts. I told them to call me if they get more styles in this size and particularly without the box pleat.

blah23

Reaction score

I have a 15 neck and a 34 sleeve, so the BR's don't quite fit. Are there any other brands I could try sizing down with?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads