• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non Iron Slim Fit Dress Pants - Do they exist?!

Kappuccino

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time searching for this beast for the past 6 months.

The criteria are:
- Non Iron/Wrinkle Free (doesn't have to be "absolute" wrinkle free, but you know what I mean)
- Machine Washable
- Slim Fit

Most of the stuff in the market is generally "choose 2 of the above".
Zara - Non Iron, machine washable, but more of a regular fit, even on their slimmest models.
Banana Republic - Slim Fit models are really nice, but all these decent models are usually wool and needs to be dry cleaned.
Express Photographer Pants - Good fit, machine washable, but cheap quality and wrinkles like hell.
Bonobos Weekday Warriors - Not as slim, but decent fit. Reviews mainly positive, though mixed on certain models.
Perry Ellis (and similar brands) - Machine Washable, almost no wrinkles, but baggy as !@#$. I currently own two pairs, and they're still baggy even after I altered them at the tailor. Can't take in any more since the side pockets would just flare out like mad.

Shirt wise I finally settled down on Brooks Brothers MTM Non-Iron Shirts, but pants, I'm still having no luck.
My shirts are very fit, but my bottoms are just too baggy compared. I look like a clown.

Any ideas?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just wear wool pants and have them cleaned every once and a while?

Some good wool pants will hold their crease and remain wrinkle free for many wearings (unlike cotton) so you don't really need to clean them all that often to keep them looking sharp.

Kappuccino

Reaction score
just wear wool pants and have them cleaned every once and a while?
Some good wool pants will hold their crease and remain wrinkle free for many wearings (unlike cotton) so you don't really need to clean them all that often to keep them looking sharp.
Dry cleaning is really not considered an option for me.
If I had done so, I wouldn't have this dilemma :p

You can get pants tailored.
Yes, but where?
I live in Calgary, Canada, and there really aren't that many options in this city. The very limited amount of tailors here either offer very traditional cuts, or don't even carry any sort of non-Iron machine washable fabric in the first place.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time searching for this beast for the past 6 months.

The criteria are:
- Non Iron/Wrinkle Free (doesn't have to be "absolute" wrinkle free, but you know what I mean)
- Machine Washable
- Slim Fit

Most of the stuff in the market is generally "choose 2 of the above".
Zara - Non Iron, machine washable, but more of a regular fit, even on their slimmest models.
Banana Republic - Slim Fit models are really nice, but all these decent models are usually wool and needs to be dry cleaned.
Express Photographer Pants - Good fit, machine washable, but cheap quality and wrinkles like hell.
Bonobos Weekday Warriors - Not as slim, but decent fit. Reviews mainly positive, though mixed on certain models.
Perry Ellis (and similar brands) - Machine Washable, almost no wrinkles, but baggy as !@#$. I currently own two pairs, and they're still baggy even after I altered them at the tailor. Can't take in any more since the side pockets would just flare out like mad.

Shirt wise I finally settled down on Brooks Brothers MTM Non-Iron Shirts, but pants, I'm still having no luck.
My shirts are very fit, but my bottoms are just too baggy compared. I look like a clown.

Any ideas?
Brooks brothers

Kappuccino

Reaction score
You seem to have your shirt dilemma solved, but here is another source for such a shirt. Charles Tyrwhitt who is, by chance, having a tasty sale going on right now, makes such a shirt.

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/view-all?q=windsor|||||30 to 39.50||407,1862,3517,||||||||

Thanks for the recommendation, but seems like those shirts won't fit me. My measurements are 16" neck, 40" chest, and 33" waist. One of the main reason I had to go MTM since almost nothing OTR would fit me.

Any input on the pants?

sns23

Reaction score
Step 1: Buy pants
Step 2: Get pant legs slimmed at tailor.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dry cleaning is really not considered an option for me.
If I had done so, I wouldn't have this dilemma :p

Yes, but where?
I live in Calgary, Canada, and there really aren't that many options in this city. The very limited amount of tailors here either offer very traditional cuts, or don't even carry any sort of non-Iron machine washable fabric in the first place.

I know you have an aversion to them...but dry cleaners.
Some are far better than others when it comes to simple alterations....so don't take all your pants at once.

Last edited:

Kappuccino

Reaction score

Brooks brothers

Really? They offer pants too? I would cringe so hard if they do. I know they do shirts and suits, but wasn't aware they do stand alone pants. I'm also not too knowledgeable with their cuts and fabrics offered. I guess I'll have to phone them up on Monday and ask.

Step 1: Buy pants
Step 2: Get pant legs slimmed at tailor.

That's what I did for the two pants I currently own as mentioned in the OP. Like I said, they're still baggy. There is only so much you can do by altering the pants. For minor alterations, I'd agree, but if the original cut isn't great, you can't just magically transform them into something else without re-cutting the entire thing.

Last edited:

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers milano fit "advantage chinos" are not Non-Iron, but are my most wrinkle-resistant chinos. I think you'll like them.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that anyone who cared enough about clothes to prefer a slim fit would be against noniron.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brooks brothers standard advantage chinos are quite wrinkle resistant
i believe occasionally they also have wrinkle-resistant advantage chinos

lands end has many wrinkle resistant pants in "tailored fit". the twill is standard weight and has a nice finish. their tailored fit is equivalent to brooks' Clark cut. keep in mind "slim" is a relative term.

I thought that anyone who cared enough about clothes to prefer a slim fit would be against noniron.

mutually exclusive

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Really? They offer pants too? I would cringe so hard if they do. I know they do shirts and suits, but wasn't aware they do stand alone pants. I'm also not too knowledgeable with their cuts and fabrics offered. I guess I'll have to phone them up on Monday and ask.
That's what I did for the two pants I currently own as mentioned in the OP. Like I said, they're still baggy. There is only so much you can do by altering the pants. For minor alterations, I'd agree, but if the original cut isn't great, you can't just magically transform them into something else without re-cutting the entire thing.
Milano fit.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=492

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads