• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-drinker etiquette.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen so i have this question,i'm a total non-drinker,i mean i don't drink at all,but up here in my city a lot of people love to drink,so when i'm at club,bar,birthday or somewhere else i'm feeling a little bit uncomfortable because i think people around me may consider that offensive or something because i don't drink with them.I'm 18 btw and it's allowed age to drink here,but i usually order orange juice or something like that and many people consider their holy mission to make me drink something.Just wanted to ask how should i act in situations like this,i don't want to look bad just because i don't drink...I hope i was able to explain my situation with my not-so-brilliant English
biggrin.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Just don't drink. The guys trying to force you to are probably a-holes. Having a drink in your hand like sprite or something (i.e. it looks like it could be a mixed drink) will stave off a lot of the flak.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
You don't drink. So don't drink. It's not a big deal. If you have friends or know people who are going to get "offended" at the fact that you don't drink, then you need to get new friends. I'm a full-blown alcoholic but if someone doesn't want to drink, that's their choice. If you're really that uncomfortable about it, just order tonic with lime or something that looks like a drink, but it really shouldn't be an issue at all.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plus date **** is sooo much easier when you're totally sober and she's plastered.

just make sure to make up a back story about how she asked you to "do it" in the morning.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Haha actually the majority of time those are hot chicks that drink themselves and try to convince myself to drink with their sexy,erotic voice.Such naive creatures.
biggrin.gif
Actually I'm absolutely comfortable with that,i just wanted to know how to behave myself so other people will feel comfortable with me too,and not think that I'm planning to do date ****.I just don't want my evil plans to be exposed early.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
Haha actually the majority of time those are hot chicks that drink themselves and try to convince myself to drink with their sexy,erotic voice.Such naive creatures.
biggrin.gif

Actually I'm absolutely comfortable with that,i just wanted to know how to behave myself so other people will feel comfortable with me too,and not think that I'm planning to do date ****.I just don't want my evil plans to be exposed early.

aaaannnnnndddddd I now regret ever posting in this thread.
facepalm.gif

IsteRed

Reaction score
Oh and funny stuff is i don't drink Cola,Sprite and other stuff like that.I'm not really forcing myself,i really don't like them.

Egert

Reaction score
grapefruit juice for the win!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
drink coke and tell people it's rum and coke. or soda water or tonic without the vodka/lime. Just don't tell people you don't drink... it's total need to know. if someone offers you a drink then say you're all good, or you've had too much already, or whatever.

take note of everyone's behaviour around you and how hammered they are, then fake it yourself. The best part is you can sober up whenever you want.

at some point in my drinking night I usually switch to water anyway, or if I'm legitimately driving, I just tip the bartender a solid $5 and say I'm driving tonight, can I jsut get some coke/water and then get the occasional refill.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
offset your non-alcoholic lifestyle by partaking in large amounts of hard narcotics.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a glass of juice or whatever you want and HOLD ON to it. When someone offers you, just raise your hand and say "I am set thanks".

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
drink coke and tell people it's rum and coke. or soda water or tonic without the vodka/lime. Just don't tell people you don't drink... it's total need to know. if someone offers you a drink then say you're all good, or you've had too much already, or whatever.

take note of everyone's behaviour around you and how hammered they are, then fake it yourself. The best part is you can sober up whenever you want.

at some point in my drinking night I usually switch to water anyway, or if I'm legitimately driving, I just tip the bartender a solid $5 and say I'm driving tonight, can I jsut get some coke/water and then get the occasional refill.

Why to lie?i don't think that's a good idea.Anyway there's no need to fake being hammered,when I'm partying people think I'm under ecstasy.

"offset your non-alcoholic lifestyle by partaking in large amounts of hard narcotics."

Who said I'm not?

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter

why do you need to tip to get a soda or water??

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
or drink ginger ale and say it's vodka and ginger. but if you don't drink, don't drink!

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ErnestoG.
why do you need to tip to get a soda or water??

Why do you tip when you get a beer or some sort of spirit on the rocks? It's the same amount of work for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads