• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-drinker etiquette.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Why do you tip when you get a beer or some sort of spirit on the rocks? It's the same amount of work for them.

+1

graphite

Reaction score
here's one. it's a little bit of compromise but will go a long way.

so you don't drink. have you ever considered drinking *just once* ?

just once. with all your buddy friends. when they ask you to drink, you drink. like crazy, you drink. and keep acting like you don't want to, so they'll keep pushing (free) drinks in your direction.

then vomit. vomit in their cars and stuff. try to get some on their shoes. vomit in such a way as to maximize the amount of surface area. consider getting it into presumptuous places for a lasting impression (such as inside drawers, footwear, dishwasher, laundry hamper, attic).

then they won't want to coax you into drinking anymore.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To me it's no the point to lie becuase it's embarassing or anything, I just think most people drink so it's sort of expected and it makes it easier to not have to explain anything, so you drink a coke and tell people it's a rum and coke.

I tip the bartender even if i'm ordering a non-alc drink because sometimes they charge for just the coke 'cause it's a pain, or they're less likely to serve me later that night because I'm not buying rounds. So I first lay out a fiver, then say I'm driving or something, and then get my coke and it's always free, including the refills.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
drink coke and tell people it's rum and coke. or soda water or tonic without the vodka/lime. Just don't tell people you don't drink... it's total need to know. if someone offers you a drink then say you're all good, or you've had too much already, or whatever.

take note of everyone's behaviour around you and how hammered they are, then fake it yourself. The best part is you can sober up whenever you want.

at some point in my drinking night I usually switch to water anyway, or if I'm legitimately driving, I just tip the bartender a solid $5 and say I'm driving tonight, can I jsut get some coke/water and then get the occasional refill.

Too late.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
just tell them you're straight edge.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
lol yea just lie to them. a little bit of deception nvr hurt neone. just dont get caught.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
"offset your non-alcoholic lifestyle by partaking in large amounts of hard narcotics." Who said I'm not?
You abstain from alcohol and you don't drink soda/soft drinks so it is hard to believe your taking narcotics.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So OP, do you buy rounds when at a bar when it's your turn? You drink soda, they drink booze. $$ adds up.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
You abstain from alcohol and you don't drink soda/soft drinks so it is hard to believe your taking narcotics.

What if I'll say that before entering Internet i parked my pink unicorn on street just by the Chinese cookie wisdom tree with platypus doing the robot dance around it,then suddenly the trash can stood up,climbed the tree and had a wild sex with piranha?

Originally Posted by ter1413
So OP, do you buy rounds when at a bar when it's your turn? You drink soda, they drink booze. $$ adds up.

Actually yes,i think it will be wrong if i won't do it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree that it would be^^

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
What if I'll say that before entering Internet i parked my pink unicorn on street just by the Chinese cookie wisdom tree with platypus doing the robot dance around it,then suddenly the trash can stood up,climbed the tree and had a wild sex with piranha?

Too much red cordial.

IsteRed

Reaction score
I have no idea what is that...

jenlain

Reaction score
You will take a lot of **** as a young person not drinking. Don't be pressured. I know plenty of people (post-college) who chose not to drink for a variety of reasons and no one gives them any crap. You don't need a reason.

Be your own man. Don't worry about drinking a coke and telling people it has alcohol in it. You can chose your actions based solely on your personal preference with no other supporting reason.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Order glass water with ice and slice of lemon/lime and pretend its gin tonic :p
Or say its all vodka.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads