• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Non-coffee drinks at a coffeehouse

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
OK - here's the situation. I absolutely hate the taste of coffee, drinks, ice cream, candy, etc. So I rarely frequent places like Starbucks or local coffee houses on my own. However, since lots of people like these places I sometimes end up having meetings there.

What would be something hot and tasty to drink, preferably with caffeine, that I could order as a matter of habit and so I don't have to take too long thinking about my selection as it always seems that people in line are in a huge rush?

Any ideas?

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I'm like you with coffee. My go to is always tea, not the pretentious fruit crap, but earl grey or something similar.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
English breakfast.

Reaction score
* Chai lattes aren't awful
* Regular green tea (believe they use Tazo at starbucks)
* iced tea or arnold palmers (half lemonade half iced tea)
* hot chocolate
* some of the flavored lattes (pumpkin spice etc) barely taste like coffee at all. Try getting things customized (especially at starbucks) to figure out what suits you

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
OK - here's the situation. I absolutely hate the taste of coffee, drinks, ice cream, candy, etc. So I rarely frequent places like Starbucks or local coffee houses on my own. However, since lots of people like these places I sometimes end up having meetings there.

What would be something hot and tasty to drink, preferably with caffeine, that I could order as a matter of habit and so I don't have to take too long thinking about my selection as it always seems that people in line are in a huge rush?

Any ideas?

Starbucks has those overpriced cream (or milk?)-based ice drinks. Like a frapp except without the coffee.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
I rarely drink coffee so when I'm at Starbucks it's either tea or hot chocolate.

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
If you order the large tea at a coffee house it usually comes with 2 tea bags. Brew it strong and you'll get about the same caffeine content as a double espresso. Any flavor of black tea will work fine.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drink a lot of tea.

However, I also absolutely hate the oversweetened, overcreamed machiatto/latte/etc bullshit.

So when I want coffee that tastes good, most of the time I'd get an iced americano, or an iced redeye. unsweetened, with a splash of milk. Tasty, doesn't taste like liquid candy and so on.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1000 on hot chocolate. Its delicious, and its pretty much all I drink at any coffee shop.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
+1000 on hot chocolate. Its delicious, and its pretty much all I drink at any coffee shop.

Too sweet, too much sugar and cream, etc... the usual..

I only do hot chocolate sometimes, and then the darker, less sweet variety. It's actually pretty hard to find a mix that doesn't have too much sugar but still tastes rich.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 263 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 16.0%
  • 31 - 40