• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-canvassed ISAIA?

penn1600

Reaction score
I have an ISAIA suit, with the label if ISAIA Argento. According to the previous posts in SF, this is kind of light-weighted with minimal shoulder pads, therefore supposedly slimmer and chic (they say).

I know ISAIA is well-known for its highest quality in suitmaking, but just am not sure if they ever make 'non-canvassed' suit. The suit I bought (from ebay) looks very thin (pants are like 1-ply) and fragile to me... On the seller's page, it is described as 'fully-canvassed'. Does ISAIA (Argento) make non-canvassed suit?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I think Argento line is just for outlet. The construction is pretty much same but I heard that fabric is little bit cheap fabric. But compare to other brands suit fabric it looked superior.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by penn1600
I have an ISAIA suit, with the label if ISAIA Argento. According to the previous posts in SF, this is kind of light-weighted with minimal shoulder pads, therefore supposedly slimmer and chic (they say). I know ISAIA is well-known for its highest quality in suitmaking, but just am not sure if they ever make 'non-canvassed' suit. The suit I bought (from ebay) looks very thin (pants are like 1-ply) and fragile to me... On the seller's page, it is described as 'fully-canvassed'. Does ISAIA (Argento) make non-canvassed suit?
They make, or made, non canvas or partial canvas jackets with the "Gian Luca Napoli" label which were carried by the Sierra Trading Post and presumably others. A very decent garment for the price.

penn1600

Reaction score
Thanks.. there are so many different explanations about the line. It is quit wierd this brand is not interested in advertising or marketing.

Hmmm... the fabric stuff I agree. Mine does not feel fantastic. But I definitely love the lining (contour) of the suit. It just flows very well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads