1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Non-APC Sub $200 Raw Selvage Denim options

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mlyngard, Dec 30, 2009.

1. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

the unbranded brand from urban outfitters. They are selvage, chainstitch, etc and made by naked and famous for I believe $78s. Probably the best of all the jeans you have listed so far [​IMG]

2. Detour Clothing Store

Detour Clothing Store Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

What about Garbstore?

http://www.garbstore.com/product/?br...&imgVarID=1722

I'm kinda hesitant to see jeans that normally retail for much more than 200 dollars in this thread. Starting to include sale stuff just seems like a slippery slope.

4. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Im sure someone has already mentioned, but Epaulet makes some fine selvage jeans.
    150$. Im buying another pair soon as the new ones come out.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Loving the LVC's I finally found the jeans I want to go with for my first high quality denim. Does anyone know if the Selvege ones stretch out too with wear? .

Awesome! A good introduction to selvage. Yes, all denim will stretch, as will those. You'll probably get a much more informed answer in either the 'I have a jean" thread, or the LVC/Levis threads.

the unbranded brand from urban outfitters. They are selvage, chainstitch, etc and made by naked and famous for I believe $78s. Probably the best of all the jeans you have listed so far [​IMG]

Glad you like them, but that's a loaded statement to say here [​IMG]

The Forum is pretty aware of the jeans, and were skeptical. If you like them, keep us posted on how they break in. If they're good, I'm sure the Forum would love to know more about your experience.

I'm kinda hesitant to see jeans that normally retail for much more than 200 dollars in this thread. Starting to include sale stuff just seems like a slippery slope.

Agreed.

Im sure someone has already mentioned, but Epaulet makes some fine selvage jeans.
    150$. Im buying another pair soon as the new ones come out.

They're in here, champ. Thanks. Evolution pictures are welcome.

6. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

Probably not a SF approved brand but WeSC makes several selvage models sat around $120

7. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Probably not a SF approved brand but WeSC makes several selvage models sat around $120

These were my first pair of raws. I knew nothing about denim back then and after a month or two I hated them. They're now my material for patching holes in my other jeans hah..

8. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

also had wesc and got rid of immediatley. not a good choice for the price.

9. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Need something for <$100 or on the lower end of the $100 range...

10. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Thank you for this thread.

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

12. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

I don't see anything on the garbstore that retails for less than 225-250 usd.

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

^ I visited the Garbstore the other day. They had good quality Japanese selvedge denim with nice details for about £70. Unfortunately the fit was too wide for my taste, otherwise I would have bought a pair.

14. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

Need something for <$100 or on the lower end of the $100 range...

Check out Naked and Famous. I have two pairs of WeirdGuys and they fit me pretty well... although I'm kind of weirdly shaped. Four Horsemen sells them cheaper than anywhere and in Cdn$. http://www.fourhorsemen.ca/blog. I believe they just got a new shipment in as well.

15. Trenditional

Trenditional Well-Known Member

Yeah, for a single pair of jeans it winds up being $150-ish with shipping, VAT reduction, and exchange rate, I think. It's just a bummer to have to order 4 or 5 pairs to size them and see which styles I like (and then pay to send them back). Oh well. We can't all be Zappos [​IMG]

(SHAMELESS: Speaking of cheap stuff, if someone has an Albam discount code, I'd be happy to take it off your hands; just PM me. Much love in return.)

Just wondering if you ordered them, which model you went with and did you end up staying tts or going down a size(s)?

16. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

blackbird's new in-house jean looks promising

Nice! Wish they had size charts though, I'd check those out. Looks like maybe they worked with the Tellason Jeans people? Denim and hardware look similar.

Thanks man. Will add.

17. taco

taco Active Member

18. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Where can I buy Imogene + Willie (and also find measurements)? Googling has not yielded anything.

19. taco

taco Active Member

I think they only sell through their shop (615) 292-5005