• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-APC Sub $200 Raw Selvage Denim options

nomad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wwp
seconded on this question.. the classic slim japanese looks good. too bad it's sold out in a ton of sizes (including mine).
When I tried the slim leg on i went tts and they fit well, my mate who's had his pair for a while went this route too but feels he could have sized down one easily. They aren't super slim.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great thread, would be even better with more photos of the denim in various stages of fading ...

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trombe
Whats some good sub $200 grey denim?

Barney's has the Acne Mic D (dry grey) for about $80. Can't beat that.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Was kinda thinking no chain-store/mall brands. Most are common knowledge. Looking here for more unique, under-the-radar stuff.

SF Common knowledge != general common knowledge. I was just thinking this might be a nice, helpful reference to n00bs. But it's your thread, so you call the shots.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Great thread, but I don't know of any Rag and Bone models that retail under $200 or even $250.
Yeah, all R&B jeans retail at 250-275 in my experience. LVC shouldn't fall into this category either, they're pretty expensive Left Field: 200 retail Natural indigo Hidden rivets Slubbiness
Originally Posted by dusty
Do they still do the made in China KMW?
They haven't made KMWs in China for years.
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Really? Got mine for like 175
Ebay/market/sale prices shouldn't count or you could throw in any brand since there will always be those popping up on B&S for <$200.
Originally Posted by whodini
-Rogue Territory -Gilded Age for Barney's Co-Op
Aren't all Gilded Age jeans sub-$200? If you want to get into brands that can easily be found on sale: W+H NdG Helmut Lang all come to mind

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liking what I saw in the Rogues Territory thread. The hardware especially caught my eye. Sounds like the January releases will be pretty affordable, too ($160-$180, IIRC).

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is awesome for the young'ns

Should be fully laid out, organized and pinned.

Chrispy

Reaction score
I can't think of it now, but maybe around a year ago I saw a Japanese company that did something pretty close to a 501 repro cut. Selvage, hidden rivets, etc. Probably like $70 at the exchange rate. Then you would have to pay for shipping / proxy from Japan, but still was a good deal. Wish I could remember now.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
SF Common knowledge != general common knowledge. I was just thinking this might be a nice, helpful reference to n00bs. But it's your thread, so you call the shots.

Hey, If you think it would be best, I can do another post in this thread for mall brand, popular brand stuff.

Do you want to start collecting pics and links?

Originally Posted by Razele
This thread is awesome for the young'ns

Should be fully laid out, organized and pinned.

Cheers. Any suggestions on format?

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Yeah, all R&B jeans retail at 250-275 in my experience. LVC shouldn't fall into this category either, they're pretty expensive

If you want to get into brands that can easily be found on sale:
W+H
NdG
Helmut Lang
all come to mind

I agree on R&B. Had forgotten that mine were sale-bought. Will remove.

LVC hovers just at that 200 mark (like $192 for many of them). Thought it would be worthwhile since it's hard to find.

If any of those others are at or close to the 200 mark at retail, it may be worth including. Do you think? Maybe we should stay as true as possible to the 'sub-200' statement?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are also a ton of cheap Selvedge options on k-loop. IDK how good any of them are, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads