1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Non-APC Sub $200 Raw Selvage Denim options

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mlyngard, Dec 30, 2009.

1. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

this is a great thread.

2. seany

seany Senior member

Heres a picture of my Gap Selvedge Raw (1969 Skinny)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few pics I found in my folder, about 3 months of wear. Not serious wear though, about two to three days a week. These go for about $80 bucks, and are on sale for $60.

Decent jeans.

3. Chrispy

Chrispy Senior member

4. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the Albam selvage jeans? Would you recommend sizing down?

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I know mentioned above, but what about Uniqlo, The Gap, and The Unbranded Brand (Urban?)
    Uniqlo?
    Was kinda thinking no chain-store/mall brands. Most are common knowledge. Looking here for more unique, under-the-radar stuff.
    -Rogue Territory -Gilded Age for Barney's Co-Op
    Will add. Thx. Do you have a link for Rogue so I can put in before morning coffee?

6. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

LVCs are available for under $200. My favorite of the jeans that retail under $200 (although with shipping, they press the limit. They're $170 from cultizm before shipping). RRL is I think $180. Engineered Garments is $170 or so. R&B can be easily had on sale, although I haven't liked the direction their jeans have taken the last few years.

7. wwp

wwp Member

Anyone have any experience with the Albam selvage jeans? Would you recommend sizing down?

seconded on this question.. the classic slim japanese looks good. too bad it's sold out in a ton of sizes (including mine).

8. seany

seany Senior member

Was kinda thinking no chain-store/mall brands. Most are common knowledge. Looking here for more unique, under-the-radar stuff.

Will add. Thx. Do you have a link for Rogue so I can put in before morning coffee?

Ohh damn sorry Myygnard

This is a very good topic btw, you listed pretty much every 200 and under denim I can think of.

9. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

LVC brah.
    LVCs are available for under $200. My favorite of the jeans that retail under $200 (although with shipping, they press the limit. They're $170 from cultizm before shipping). RRL is I think $180. Engineered Garments is $170 or so. R&B can be easily had on sale, although I haven't liked the direction their jeans have taken the last few years.
    Awesome call(s) on the LVC/Cultizm site. Added. Can you link me on the others? Never looked at RRL or EG. Agreed on R&B

11. N-SB

N-SB Member

12. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

13. nomad

nomad Senior member

seconded on this question.. the classic slim japanese looks good. too bad it's sold out in a ton of sizes (including mine).
    When I tried the slim leg on i went tts and they fit well, my mate who's had his pair for a while went this route too but feels he could have sized down one easily. They aren't super slim.

14. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

great thread, would be even better with more photos of the denim in various stages of fading ...

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

great thread, would be even better with more photos of the denim in various stages of fading ...

Heheh. Great idea. Get on that, son ;-)

16. DGP

DGP Senior member

Whats some good sub $200 grey denim?

Barney's has the Acne Mic D (dry grey) for about $80. Can't beat that.

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

SF Common knowledge != general common knowledge. I was just thinking this might be a nice, helpful reference to n00bs. But it's your thread, so you call the shots.

18. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Great thread, but I don't know of any Rag and Bone models that retail under $200 or even $250.
    Yeah, all R&B jeans retail at 250-275 in my experience. LVC shouldn't fall into this category either, they're pretty expensive Left Field: 200 retail Natural indigo Hidden rivets Slubbiness
    Do they still do the made in China KMW?
    They haven't made KMWs in China for years.
    Really? Got mine for like 175
    Ebay/market/sale prices shouldn't count or you could throw in any brand since there will always be those popping up on B&S for <$200.
    -Rogue Territory -Gilded Age for Barney's Co-Op
    Aren't all Gilded Age jeans sub-$200? If you want to get into brands that can easily be found on sale: W+H NdG Helmut Lang all come to mind

19. APK

APK Senior member

Liking what I saw in the Rogues Territory thread. The hardware especially caught my eye. Sounds like the January releases will be pretty affordable, too ($160-$180, IIRC).

20. Razele

Razele Senior member

This thread is awesome for the young'ns

Should be fully laid out, organized and pinned.