1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Non-alcoholic Drinks (water, juice, etc)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by drizzt3117, Jul 24, 2006.

1. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

if i'm in a pub and not drinking proper then a grapefruit juice and soda is mightily refrshing, i also like orange and tonic when hung over. i also enjoy a tomato juice, but would never call it a virgin mary.

as a side note, and i'm not an eco freak, i read that drinking mineral/bottled water is a very environmentally damaging habit. you've got to ship that shit around the world and it comes out of your tap. on the road i drink san pellegrino though, for some reason it has become cheap as shit over here.

edit - i forgot, earl grey, normal and mint tea and fruit juice at home, i'm liking tropicana blueberry mix at the mo, very sharp and on sale at the local supermarket. no coffee. hot milk for bedtime - and i have the odd hot toddy over winter...i forgot that has got booze in.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

if i'm in a pub and not drinking proper then a grapefruit juice and soda is mightily refrshing, i also like orange and tonic when hung over. i also enjoy a tomato juice, but would never call it a virgin mary.

as a side note, and i'm not an eco freak, i read that drinking mineral/bottled water is a very environmentally damaging habit. you've got to ship that shit around the world and it comes out of your tap. on the road i drink san pellegrino though, for some reason it has become cheap as shit over here.

edit - i forgot, earl grey, normal and mint tea and fruit juice at home, i'm liking tropicana blueberry mix at the mo, very sharp and on sale at the local supermarket. no coffee. hot milk for bedtime - and i have the odd hot toddy over winter...i forgot that has got booze in.

I think most of the environmental damage comes from throwing the plastic bottles on the ground, etc. I suppose shipping the water will cause some pollution, but probably not all that much in the scheme of things.

3. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

I think most of the environmental damage comes from throwing the plastic bottles on the ground, etc. I suppose shipping the water will cause some pollution, but probably not all that much in the scheme of things.

nah litter is nothing. think of evian, volvic, perrier, san pellgrino etc - we ship thousands of tonnes of that shit round the world and it falls out of the fucking sky!

anyway - ty'nant has the coolest bottles.

4. carlhuber

carlhuber Senior member

In general I only put three liquids into my body:

Water
    Coffee
    Whisky

Hooray. Here and there I make exceptions for 100% fruit juice and wine.

5. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Useful staple is cold water, with or without a lime wedge.

Also liked in warm weather: decaf iced tea (Irish Breakfast or the like), with lime. No sugar.

There are other things-- fruit juices, etc. Also, Dunkin Donuts has a new fruit smoothie that is an excellent substitute for breakfast or lunch.

6. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

As for water I drink Kirkland brand botled water from Costco or what comes out of the dispenser in my refrigerator. if I want carbonated water it is usually Pelligrino.

I also drink Vitamin water regularly as well as a variety of different diet sodas, such as, white grape diet rite, fresca and diet rootbeer.

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Useful staple is cold water, with or without a lime wedge.
    Hear hear. I like my Brita filter water -- took it to Freedom. Evian probably tastes better, though, and here is quite cheap -- in France you generally pay more for water the more gunk it has in it. I love Volvic Citron -- don't understand why they didn't sell it in the US. Also like the bubbly water, particularly Badoit intensement petillante, Perrier, Perrier citron vert, Hildon and Chateaudon.

Espresso.

Kousmichoff, Mariage or Jackson's teas.

Globe may agree that the limbu paani one can get in Ingy is pretty heavenly.

8. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

lemon, lime and regular perrier.
    I like the sting!

9. Kai

Kai Senior member

Lemonade (particularly with mint, rose water, or honey.)

Virgin bloody mary

Cranberry juice

Sobe pina colada

Spicy V8

10. aarghh

aarghh Senior member

I like sparkling water as a drink - got onto that when I stopped drinking soda or fruit juice.

I usually get a crate of San Pellegrino from Costco; my favorite is Bru from Belgium, but I haven't found a source in the US of A. Perrier is fine as well.

Coffee in various forms - french press or espresso as my whimsy takes me.

11. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

San Pellegrino, V8 drinks, boba tea, OJ

I also like coffee. I have a press, but most of the time I make any there are so many granules that it gives me an upset stomach, even though I have a burr grinder.

12. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

I love Volvic Citron -- don't understand why they didn't sell it in the US.

It's here -- at least in NYC. What I don't understand is why Badoit isn't widely found in the States.

I enjoy Diet Pepsi and Orangina.

I find the Fiji Water very refreshing, but also enjoy Spa, which has popped up all over. Also Gerolsteiner when I'm looking for a heavier, bubbly drink.

13. Reflection

Reflection Active Member

When it comes to non-alcoholic drinks, Evian is my favourite.
    And green tea of course. [​IMG]

14. alexei

alexei Senior member

In general I only put three liquids into my body:
    Water
    Coffee
    Whisky

It better be black coffee too; that's old-school. [​IMG] For nonalcoholic beverages, I drink water, decaf. iced tea (of varying brands), and skim milk - that's it.