• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom De Guerre

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the NDG M65 everyone got last season was 550. The same **** this coming fall is going to be 7-750. damn price jumps!!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are they still charging $550 for trickers?
crackup[1].gif

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Prices for just about every "name" brand who textiles overseas went up due partly to the weak dollar. The more this label wears on, the less I like them. It used to be a hoodie or two, now I rather just hang out at the Swatch store upstairs.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
When I'm in NYC I'm going to go in there and *********** middle of the store.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
They're just going to put it on a hanger and charge the next guy who walks in $350 for it.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They jack up the ******* price every year. Its a bunch of bullshit
Theres a lot of other designers or brand that have kept the same prices. Maybe a bit higher then before but not to the extent of NDG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
They jack up the ******* price every year. Its a bunch of bullshit
Theres a lot of other designers or brand that have kept the same prices. Maybe a bit higher then before but not to the extent of NDG

I think that Nom de Guerre is trying to position themselves in the designer market. Everyone complains, but while their prices are higher than brands like Rag&Bone and Engineered Garments, they are no higher than Oliver Spencer or Band of Outsiders.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that Nom de Guerre is trying to position themselves in the designer market. Everyone complains, but while their prices are higher than brands like Rag&Bone and Engineered Garments, they are no higher than Oliver Spencer or Band of Outsiders.

i agree here, and it's either you like it or hate it. people complain about prices concerning NDG and while I haven't seen a $250 price jack on the m65, people seem to write off NDG simply because they've evolved in either demographic or style. The mid range market crowd is super critical imo, no one seems to flinch about Cloak or CCP prices, and save me the artisan comments...if its too much for you, don't buy it.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yes but those brands dont continuously jack up their prices. CCP and Cloak are different then NDG. I personally think that NDG cannot play in that ballpark. When you are imposing into MMM, VB, and Dries territory when you once werent ..then something just doesnt seem right. I would ( and I think a lot of others) would rather buy those brands and a lot of others rather than NDG at that price point. I think Patrik Ervell should be at a higher price point than NDG and it seems like NDG is higher or going higher then PE's pricepoint. I dont know how to explain but it just doesnt seem like a brand that should be that highly priced.....when brands like PE or MMM seem to just justify it...through their aesthetic

I dont know if you could compare BoO to NDG because they arent a complete line. I know theres brands that jack up prices on certain items like Polo on their polos every other year but NDG is trying to pull off a pretty big price jump...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ Yes but those brands dont continuously jack up their prices. CCP and Cloak are different then NDG. I personally think that NDG cannot play in that ballpark. When you are imposing into MMM, VB, and Dries territory when you once werent ..then something just doesnt seem right. I would ( and I think a lot of others) would rather buy those brands and a lot of others rather than NDG at that price point. I think Patrik Ervell should be at a higher price point than NDG. I dont know how to explain but it just doesnt seem like a brand that should be that highly priced.....

I dont know if you could compare BoO to NDG because they arent a complete line. I know theres brands that jack up prices on certain items like Polo on their polos every other year but NDG is trying to pull off a pretty big price jump...

Actually, I remember buying Cloak at Louis because it was a pretty affordable brand. In FW03, I got a great oversized cardigan jacket, the last year they did the limited edition stamps. The retail price was $300 at Louis. This was a wool, alpaca, mohair deal with antiqued buttons, was hand woven, etc... Fastforward in FW06, a very similar sweater (but with inferior buttons) retailed at Barneys for $700. You can argue that Cloak is a better designed line, etc. etc..., but the fact remains that they more than doubled the price of a comparable piece in 3 years. So, Cloak "imposed" into designer prices from being a good midprice line.

I personally think that the Nom de Guerre line has a lot of growing to do, and that it is suffering from oversaturation right now, as well as falling into the trap of putting its production in trendy Japan - the materials and grade of workmanship they use doesn't warrant it, imho. They would do just as well to keep the manufacture in the United States or Canada. However, that said, I think that the line has some real potential.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Cloak did do that but at the same time..I dont know how to explain it...

But Cloak and PE just seem like brands that could justify those prices moreso then NDG could. Its like Rag and Bone try play with the big boys.....I mean NDG is a bit higher then Rag and Bone but I think they are in the middle of brands like RB and MMM and theyshould sstay there...

And look at whats hapenning to CLoak now.....

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Cloak did do that but at the same time..I dont know how to explain it...

But Cloak and PE just seem like brands that could justify those prices moreso then NDG could. Its like Rag and Bone try play with the big boys.....I mean NDG is a bit higher then Rag and Bone but I think they are in the middle of brands like RB and MMM and theyshould sstay there...

And look at whats hapenning to CLoak now.....

well in that case, it seems you have a problem with the actual brand itself vs. the clothing they put out. again, it seems to be tougher for mid-priced labels to gain legitimacy with higher end consumers because they always have some sort of stigma attached, like if you don't start out high end, you'll never be high end.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with the brand. I actually like a lot of their clothing. I want that M65. I wanted it last season and I want it t his season but why should I pay 200 more? For the same damn thing....

and yea mid priced to high price...its just hard to accept that price jump for the same damn clothing

I like their clothing.

I like rag and bone a lot but if they had shirts for 300 bucks instead of 150..that would just not seem right. I dont have a problem with the brand..just their pricing. Its the saem case wiht NDG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads