• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nom de guerre

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
And what would that spec be? The measurements of a specific customer?

the specs of the designer.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
(like the heavyweight double zip riri) is definitely a step up from the Nom de Guerre.

a riri zipper isn't going to make or break a deal on anything for me. they're super ******* nice, don't get me wrong, but the hype around a zipper is ridiculous imo.

ddhongo..if you get it, let me know the fit, i'm looking at the small as well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
a riri zipper isn't going to make or break a deal on anything for me. they're super ******* nice, don't get me wrong, but the hype around a zipper is ridiculous imo.

ddhongo..if you get it, let me know the fit, i'm looking at the small as well.

Well, the other trims are not as good either. Essentially, construction is not on par with Wings & Horns. Buttons, etc... Stels got another NdG jacket in today. Much heavier. A wool with knit shawl collar long coat. Now, I specifically wanted something short and M65 like, but this piece is amazing. THe quality was definitely on par with anything Wings & Horns puts out. Internal lining was very nice, material leather buttons. trims generally looked more polished. It would be warm enough for most of an Edmontonian winter (which are very cold indeed, for anyone who doesn't know.) And again, the cut was completely on point. If I had an extra $880, I would have bought that too. Then my wife would have shot me in the nuts.

Unfortunately for all the small dudes (or fortunately, for those with wives and who do not wish to get shot in the nuts), they didn't get any NdG stuff is small... sorry guys. Still go it though. They have a strong fall lineup. Interesting Crosby jackets, for one, and Troglodyte Homunculus stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They got any L M65s? Pfff, I don't even know what this damn thing looks like.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please post pic of jacket and fit LA guy!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
They got any L M65s? Pfff, I don't even know what this damn thing looks like.

Yes, yes they do.

I'll post pics tonight, hopefully.

The fit is dead on. I am usually more or less satisfied with the fit of my clothes, but this is dead on. Dead on.

high_contrast

Reaction score
I can also attest to the fit of the NDG M65. It was so incredibly sharp looking I seriously thought about buying it myself but I couldn't justify the price. LA Guy, you're nuts!
smile.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics please la guy!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone see the marine sweater at nom de guerre? i dont think i saw it last time i was in there..

ddohnggo

Reaction score
yup, saw it last week. **** is the bomb. my gf was going to get it for me, but it was size L. last size. can't even find a medium anywhere. oh well.

i got the m65 from blackbird today. nice coat, but i think i definitely made the right decision with swapping for the parka.

the three things i want from them right now: marine sweater in grey, work sweater ($560!!!), and the wax rider's jacket (won't be this, but the cut looks sick).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How bout this

parka.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads