nom de guerre

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by poly800rock, Sep 12, 2006.

1. mass

mass Well-Known Member

i guess it was the past season... i just assumed it was from a/w 06 since it was around the time fall stuff usually shipped. actually wasn't it you who bought it, ddohnggo?

2. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

it wasn't me who bought the m65 coat fromt he previous season. someone else did from the other sf from nomad. i agree that the ndg prices are very high, which is why i always buy my shit from them when they go on sale.

thanks poly. i'm stoked on the visvims!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

the EG shirts at Nomad have AA hangtags right underneath the sewn-in EG tag... that's kinda like adding insult to injury.

Really? Heheheh. That is sort of funny. American shirts in Canada, and Canadian made shirts in the US.

4. Neuman

Neuman Member

I know that most of their new stuff was release in the store on September 1st. I think I saw that fleece, but I don't remember the jacket. Yes, they still print on American Apparel shirts, and yes, I bought one anyway. It's part of a photographic collaboration with Maripol...they had Andy Warhol, Madonna, and Jean Michel Basquiat. They were $84 each.

[​IMG]

5. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i have the arabic t-shirt, and really thought that they weren't AA, as I compared it to some of my AA shirts and saw noticable differences. That fucking sucks that they still do print on AA. I won't be buying their shirts again, especially at those prices.

6. high_contrast

high_contrast Active Member

The M65 that the Superfuture member bought was the S/S '06 one, which is very thin. It was probably $350-400. The M65 for F/W '07 that is pictured is very thick, made of moleskin and retails for $600 at the NdG store. I almost bought it because it fit so well. Then I came to my senses and slapped myself.

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

A offer a wholesale cut and sew service accomodating your size, fabric and detail specifications. The results are damn good, much better than dyeing up a stocker adding a one color print and charging $80+.

As for NDG there line looks excellent, anyone know where the outerwear is made?.

From personal experience the profit margins on Outerwear and Knits is pretty small, that's why many boutique brands have elevated wholesale costs on tee's. Tee's are the driver, gotta bay the bills!.

8. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

didn't know that AA provides a cut + sew service. that's pretty cool.

as far as ndg's outerwear stuff, the majority is made in japan with some sweaters and knits made in china. quality is excellent on all pieces. i have their hoodies (blue, and the arabic) from the previous fall/winter collection and they are tops. super heavy cotton, thermal lined, very heavy, very awesome. i was disappointed to see that their s/s non-thermal striped hoodies were $350, when they were nearly $100 less from the previous season.

regardless, they are one of my favorite labels.

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

didn't know that AA provides a cut + sew service. that's pretty cool.

as far as ndg's outerwear stuff, the majority is made in japan with some sweaters and knits made in china. quality is excellent on all pieces. i have their hoodies (blue, and the arabic) from the previous fall/winter collection and they are tops. super heavy cotton, thermal lined, very heavy, very awesome. i was disappointed to see that their s/s non-thermal striped hoodies were $350, when they were nearly $100 less from the previous season.

regardless, they are one of my favorite labels.

yeah, everything i own from them is made in japan, bought a v neck sweater a while back very nice material. jeans are amazing quality, just wished they fit me.

10. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I know that most of their new stuff was release in the store on September 1st. I think I saw that fleece, but I don't remember the jacket. Yes, they still print on American Apparel shirts, and yes, I bought one anyway. It's part of a photographic collaboration with Maripol...they had Andy Warhol, Madonna, and Jean Michel Basquiat. They were $84 each.

[​IMG]

That's cool!! I'd totally hit a Basquiat shirt...anywhere one can get them nowadays (online)?

11. LA Guy

Saw the Nom de Guerre trenchcoat, a shawl collar double breasted coat, and the M65 today. Didn't check the other prices, but the M65 was really nice. Very good fit (perfect with a W+H hoodie underneath) and not at all a steal at $560. A nice jacket though, in a black wool herringbone. Biswing shoulders, very interesting cuff detail.

12. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Saw the Nom de Guerre trenchcoat, a shawl collar double breasted coat, and the M65 today. Didn't check the other prices, but the M65 was really nice. Very good fit (perfect with a W+H hoodie underneath) and not at all a steal at $560. A nice jacket though, in a black wool herringbone. Biswing shoulders, very interesting cuff detail.

officially back interested..

13. minya

minya Senior member

officially back interested..
    I cannot believe you have not bought my AKM m65 [​IMG]

14. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

awesome, i'm interested too. is the m65 lined? how much was the double breasted shawl collar? i'm assuming you went to stels? ndg m65 or w&h m65...

15. LA Guy

Just bought the Nom de Guerre M65. It's still at Stels, but has been paid for. Man, I cannot believe that I just blew $580 (taxes included) on an M65 jacket, nice though it is. My wife says that that was my mkajor Christmas present (fine by me) and that I'll get something small at actual Christmas. Anyway, no real regrets (the fit over w+h hoodie was totally on point for me), but wow, the price...

Man, I gotta lie down...

Fok.