• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom de guerre ss09

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stolen, credit where its due.
nom-de-guerre-SS09-7.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-8.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-9.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-10.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-11.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-12.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-13.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-14.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-1.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-2.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-3.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-4.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-5.png

nom-de-guerre-SS09-6.png

4 button black suit? Toggle hoodie/long johns ala geller? Hitler youth? All buttons buttoned on suit jackets? Don't really like this.

Cropped peacoat is extra gay. When ndg cuts short, its pretty short....

Parka substitute can be had at muji or something. Anyway, only thing that looks coppable will be 50% off sale shirts and mac(car?) coat. I guess if you need a track jacket or something that's there too.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
I swear designer get high as a kite and sit around and say ok what is the most outrageus over the top thing we can come up with that we can call fashion mark up 1000 times and sell to all the idiots

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a lot of ss09 stuff looks ******* awesome, though. its really weird how NDG manages to fail year after year at least in their spring collection. Even what I consider a boring brand like rag and bone put together a solid spring line up. Their price point keeps rising and the fabrics are worse than APC. Manufacturing in japan is cool and all, but I feel that's the only justification for their costs.I mean nom winter outerwear remains stellar but everything else is 1.5x the price it should be.

its not even that its over the top. over the top can work , but this is so bland.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure what you were expecting, but mostly everyone's SS09 lines were boring. NdG's SS hasn't been all that exciting in the past either.

According to their website, many of the pieces this season will be made with technical fabrics which might be interesting once handled in person.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I want the last 3 tees. I think that's it. I wonder what tee prices are gonna be? Any affiliates have an idea?
Aren't their t's usually under a $100 each? I kind of wanted that Clint Eastwood one from last season, but waited too long to find one.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outerwear is pretty dissapointing in my opinion.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem I see with most of the outerwear here is that the pieces that are the most minimalistic-- that is, the ones with the fewest visible details-- are also formless as woah. So some of the models look like they're covering themselves in nylon potato sacks. Add that to the fact that most of the jackets look slightly oversized. Not fun.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mind that cropped navy peacoat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads