• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom de Guerre Spring/Summer 2008 Pre Order!

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
how the heck does that make sense? so only the stuff that wasn't PRE-ORDERED arrived?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Yeah. Seems pretty illogical to me. Still no word from Brigade after another email.

Poly, how's the fit on the shawl collar pullover? Can you compare it to the Wings and Horns crew neck pullover?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
Yeah. Seems pretty illogical to me. Still no word from Brigade after another email.

Poly, how's the fit on the shawl collar pullover? Can you compare it to the Wings and Horns crew neck pullover?

It runs small - it's slim through the chest and waist, but it has slightly wider shoulders than usual. Context has/had measurements on their site before they sold out of them.

bigwhale

Reaction score
Check your emails. Looks like we're all gonna be getting refunds b/c NdG doesnt want to send out order that aren't for full size runs.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigwhale
Check your emails. Looks like we're all gonna be getting refunds b/c NdG doesnt want to send out order that aren't for full size runs.

I didn't get an email. Who did you hear this from? It doesn't make sense that we'd be told this now.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw

one thing i love is the terry for these is so soft. one thing I dislike about W+H stuff is the waist ribbing. It is always really delicate for me. But this one seems tight without losing its shape. we'll see though

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing i love is the terry for these is so soft. one thing I dislike about W+H stuff is the waist ribbing. It is always really delicate for me. But this one seems tight without losing its shape. we'll see though

For me, the plusses compared to the analogous Wings+Horns pieces:
1) Waist ribbing. As Poly said, Wings+Horns pieces, and Tiger fleece pullover pieces in particular, stretch out, and never, ever, shrink back. A major deficiency.
2) I like the Nom de Guerre fit better. The Wings+Horns piece has slightly dropped shoulders. While interesting, not as flattering on me as the Nom de Guerre

Minuses:
1) Wings+Horns materials are indestructible. The Nom de Guerre, while softer, does not give the same impression
2) Construction: The stitching on the Wings+Horns pieces is considerably cleaner.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
For me, the plusses compared to the analogous Wings+Horns pieces:
1) Waist ribbing. As Poly said, Wings+Horns pieces, and Tiger fleece pullover pieces in particular, stretch out, and never, ever, shrink back. A major deficiency.
2) I like the Nom de Guerre fit better. The Wings+Horns piece has slightly dropped shoulders. While interesting, not as flattering on me as the Nom de Guerre

Minuses:
1) Wings+Horns materials are indestructible. The Nom de Guerre, while softer, does not give the same impression
2) Construction: The stitching on the Wings+Horns pieces is considerably cleaner.

I brought this point up to Kane, so now that W+H is aware of the problem, hopefully they'll take note on this issue.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I brought this point up to Kane, so now that W+H is aware of the problem, hopefully they'll take note on this issue.

Yeah, ditto, at least a full season ago. And to be fair, the other materials, especially the french terry pieces, do not seem to have this problem, but it is a major issue with the Tiger Fleece pieces.

justin hustle

Reaction score
GUYS

so sorry for the lack update on my part.

to say i havent really slept in like 3 years, its what it sure feels like...

anyways, the preorder got blasted, not in a good sense.

if you pre ordered, you got a refund and a gift certificate coming.

check your email for the code for gc's

i cant say much more about this without losing my mind =/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads