• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOM DE GUERRE M-65/International Style Black Waxed Cotton Jacket w/ Wool Lining, Size M (Fits 46/S)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received this in the mail from Rakuten, and it's hands down one of, if not THE nicest, jacket I've ever handled, from a construction/materials perspective. Unfortunately, It's a little tight in the pits/chest for me as a 48, due to the high armholes and very slim cut. Just trying to recoup my money spent, cost a fortune to ship from Japan because it's so damn hefty (and will cost a lot even to ship within CONUS).

Modeled after the Barbour/Belstaff International Biker Jacket Models, it has four huge front pockets (that are seriously spacious) and two interior pockets, a single zip and a placket to button it up, covering the zip. Removable waist cinch, can be hooked in the front or tied in the back or just let hang. Really great band collar and mid to high neck. The interior is lined with a crazy thick and ultra warm 90% wool blend, and the arms are quilted and I believe stuffed with a very thin layer of insulation. This jacket is WARM, and very heavy (2-3 pounds?). Everything is bulletproof and the construction is amazing, made in Japan! The outer is a heavy duty (almost tech canvas like) waxed black cotton.

I believe this model is from their F/W '08 line, though I've never seen another before this and expect not to see one again. Ultra rare, and in what I would say to be 8.5/10 condition, only real wear issue is on the little belt buckles (neck and waist), as some of the black paint has worn away. Otherwise, it seems basically new.

Measurements (Should fit a true 46 and maybe a large 44 best due to high armholes and the thick wool interior)
Shoulders: 17"
Chest: 19.75"
Arm Length (from top of shoulder): 25.25"
Waist (at hem): 20"

Honestly this jacket is so ******* nice, whoever ends up with it is a lucky damn duck and I'm so bitter it doesn't fit :(

TRADE: Looking for items in my sig, and also a dark colored chunky rollneck turtleneck sweater

Attachments

• NDGinternational.jpg
    NDGinternational.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 93
  • NDGinternational2.jpg
    NDGinternational2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the jackets from this collection were the first things that i really lusted after when i first joined the forum 5 or so years ago. blast from the past. this was the best collection for ndg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads