• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom De Guerre F/W 09/10

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to souper for originally pointing out this was posted, he posted in s/s 09 then...

2.jpg

Really love this field jacket, will most likely pick it up.

10.jpg

This sweater is luxurious.

18.jpg

This peacoat is great as well.

I'll hopefully buy all three.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like i said when I posted it in the f/s 09 thread
worship.gif
Its awesome, not much I could wear living in florida but I love just looking at it. Nom De Guerre are the masters of the oxford with tie paired with an outerwear. I really like the colors as usual. I adorn this label, my favorite.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the field jacket a lot. Don't get why they have all those collabs with wings and horns, but whatever.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
Like the field jacket a lot. Don't get why they have all those collabs with wings and horns, but whatever.

A growing brand needs to seriously examine and correct all of its deficiencies. Their fleece pieces have always been their weakness, for a variety of reasons. On the other hand, Wings+Horns, if they know anything, know fleece. They could probably build a pretty cool fleece igloo if they put their mind to it. So the collaboration was natural. I saw that FW09 collaborative pieces, and they are really quite nice and definitely well made (though I like the Wings+Horns collection more.)

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
ndg is my favorite label, love it god damn

+1 Probably the brand I own the most of, other than uniqlo basics.

That said , I don't get the theme this time around. it has an outdoorsy, cold-weather mountaineering vibe but theres still a lot of formal military stuff. Cohesion be damned, the pieces are cool.

My top picks are: Waxed cotton down vest (!!!), NDG khakis (Finally!) and the greatcoat, in black.

This season is rumored to be expensive as hell, with the strength of the yen and all that. Those huge "winter wool" knits will probably be ~580 by my estimates. Hope I'm wrong.

Original post:

Originally Posted by Souper
Would cop:

Coat
19.jpg

NDG khakis!
16.jpg

Cardi
11.jpg

Waxed Cotton Down vest
6.jpg

Sweater
4.jpg

this looks interesting...
Waxed Cotton Anorak
5.jpg

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
A growing brand needs to seriously examine and correct all of its deficiencies. Their fleece pieces have always been their weakness, for a variety of reasons. On the other hand, Wings+Horns, if they know anything, know fleece. They could probably build a pretty cool fleece igloo if they put their mind to it. So the collaboration was natural. I saw that FW09 collaborative pieces, and they are really quite nice and definitely well made (though I like the Wings+Horns collection more.)
Yeah, makes sense. I guess I'm just not thrilled that Wings and Horns would want one of their signature pieces/fabrics (the tiger fleece) to be with another brand as well, but it's spreading their name, so I understand. I also don't know what a collab entails in terms of production costs per party and such, so my opinion is not worth much.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
That said , I don't get the theme this time around. it has an outdoorsy, cold-weather mountaineering vibe but theres still a lot of formal military stuff. Cohesion be damned, the pieces are cool.
read the newest issue of H(y)r collective, they discuss the theme there and its fuckin crazy/sweet. this is my favorite, its menacingly wild.
14.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
Yeah, makes sense. I guess I'm just not thrilled that Wings and Horns would want one of their signature pieces/fabrics (the tiger fleece) to be with another brand as well, but it's spreading their name, so I understand. I also don't know what a collab entails in terms of production costs per party and such, so my opinion is not worth much.

I saw all of the collaboration pieces, and there is no tiger fleece there.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I have a bullet belt. I am going to put it in B&S.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple bottom jeans, boots wif da fuurrr, the whole club was lookin' at Nom De GuerrRRrrre.

I like the individual pieces, the styling not so much. I could see mix and matching a few things. I wish they'd play with color more.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This collection does look amazing. The NDG pieces I own from this past fall are some of my favorite and most well made pieces I own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads