• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom De Guerre F/W 07

Max

Reaction score
Looks like good thrift. Don't freak out.

Ott

Reaction score
I like it, but jesus christ the prices are obscene.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I think the photo shoots are amazing and the clothes look ok.

Instore the design and quality is underpar for the prices. Not everything Made In Japan is amazing. The product is much better than Cloak in design (less fussy) and suprisingly quality. If anyone can get to Fred Segal Man in Santa Monica check it out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I think the photo shoots are amazing and the clothes look ok.

Instore the design and quality is underpar for the prices. Not everything Made In Japan is amazing. The product is much better than Cloak in design (less fussy) and suprisingly quality. If anyone can get to Fred Segal Man in Santa Monica check it out.

I agree with this for the most part, though I think that the designs are quite good. The details are very nice. The cuff detail on my FW06 M65 is very nice, for example. The cut of their outerwear is perfect for me, which was the main draw for me. And compared to Cloak, the value is much better (well, Cloak was actually pretty decent value up to and including FW03 ($300 for a heavy cardigan vs. something closer to $800 for the FW06).

However, the construction is definitely not as solid as it should be however, and there are design problems that should not have been overlooked. For example, a floating lining should have as much, if not slightly more, give than the body of a garment. Usually, this is accomplished by putting a box pleat (check your suits.) However, in the M65, which has bi-swing shoulders to give more mobility, there is no give in the lining at all. Rookie oversight.

Dill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I agree with this for the most part, though I think that the designs are quite good. The details are very nice. The cuff detail on my FW06 M65 is very nice, for example. The cut of their outerwear is perfect for me, which was the main draw for me. And compared to Cloak, the value is much better (well, Cloak was actually pretty decent value up to and including FW03 ($300 for a heavy cardigan vs. something closer to $800 for the FW06).

However, the construction is definitely not as solid as it should be however, and there are design problems that should not have been overlooked. For example, a floating lining should have as much, if not slightly more, give than the body of a garment. Usually, this is accomplished by putting a box pleat (check your suits.) However, in the M65, which has bi-swing shoulders to give more mobility, there is no give in the lining at all. Rookie oversight.

Nom is definitely getting up there. A cardigan for their spring collection is going for $450. I really like their style but I won't be able to afford any of it for a long time.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that their models look like they are 14?

Max

Reaction score
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that their clothing looks like old LL Bean?

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Looks like all the poka-dot scarves go with the Jack Purcells they did for the Red Campaign:
LACED_NOMDEGUERREXPRODUCTRE1.jpg

Might have to go there this weekend see if they have my size.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that their clothing looks like old LL Bean?

I kinda thought the same thing. I wasnt into NDG when I went there last year...but ima check it out again when I'm in NYC come march for ***** n giggles.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everyone here seems to exaggerate their prices.....it's not THAT bad...the only big difference is that you don't see it much on sale b/c of the demand. I mean do people complain that a bedford or norfolk jacket costs like $400?

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Their pricing seems to do more for establishing a name brand cachet than their actual designs. I get excited by one or two items in the lookbook but when I'm in the store the design and quality of the garments always leave me underwhelmed.

I've always liked Cloak's design and EG's construction and Americana fetish so I could understand the warranted prices. Although the few Cloak caridgans I've seen went more for around ~550 than 800 and the designs were more than the rudimentary NDG goes for.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
Their pricing seems to do more for establishing a name brand cachet than their actual designs. I get excited by one or two items in the lookbook but when I'm in the store the design and quality of the garments always leave me underwhelmed.

I've always liked Cloak's design and EG's construction and Americana fetish so I could understand the warranted prices. Although the few Cloak caridgans I've seen went more for around ~550 than 800 and the designs were more than the rudimentary NDG goes for.

no one is going to say the prices aren't a bit high, but everyone acts like they have to pay in gold bars to get a jacket or sweater, which is certainly not the case. i guess the way you feel about EG and cloak are the way I feel about NDG stuff...but even looking at cloak stuff, i'm so indifferent...i guess i never jumped on that train while it was still going...EG stuff i like, not going to argue...but their stuff is pricey w/o sales....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads