• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No wonder Amerikuns are so fat!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
I was there because that place was the only one I found that was going to show the US Open Final on big screen. Again the point is not where its not where its located but the portion size, being an appetizer.

Then you weren't trying.

Also, yes, the point totally is where it is located. ******* Alpharetta.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This is an appetizer (nachos and cheese) at a sports/bar restaurant in Atlanta. What was more surprising is that someone actually ate half of it all by herself!

Appetizer.jpg

I am suspicious as to why the OP fixated on something of hispanic origin.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Unless this portion size bullshit stops, we're pretty fucked as a country. Even the "health" nuts here often eat "clean", but massive amounts of it. They're all like "I EAT 7 BAGS FOR FROZEN VEGGIES AND AN ENTIRE CAULIFLOWER". It's like, brah, I know that's low calorie, but only an elephant needs that much ******* food.

They think they're eating healthier, but they're still not getting rid of the root problem. Generally, healthy people don't eat a ton. I also think most healthy countries don't have that much in the way of "health food". Least of all, "reduced fat" or "light" snack food.

+100. A voice of reason! Yes, small frequent meals is the way to go.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much free time do fat people have? On a busy day... I only manage to eat once, or if I am lucky twice.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Then you weren't trying.

Also, yes, the point totally is where it is located. ******* Alpharetta.

Yes, along with people with boob jobs, third husbands etc. That's Alpharetta :)

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+100. A voice of reason! Yes, small frequent meals is the way to go.

No, I think this whole 6 MEALS A DAY BRO is also bullshit. People in healthy countries usually eat like 3 times a day, maybe a snack as well. Just eat 3 ******* normal meals.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Unless this portion size bullshit stops, we're pretty fucked as a country. Even the "health" nuts here often eat "clean", but massive amounts of it. They're all like "I EAT 7 BAGS FOR FROZEN VEGGIES AND AN ENTIRE CAULIFLOWER". It's like, brah, I know that's low calorie, but only an elephant needs that much ******* food.

They think they're eating healthier, but they're still not getting rid of the root problem. Generally, healthy people don't eat a ton. I also think most healthy countries don't have that much in the way of "health food". Least of all, "reduced fat" or "light" snack food.

50# loss without eating anything "reduced fat" or "light." Portion control, incorporating a lot of veggies, and removing all the simple carbs the modern diet is laced with i.e. high fructose corn syrup, white flour, etc. is all it took.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
50# loss without eating anything "reduced fat" or "light." Portion control, incorporating a lot of veggies, and removing all the simple carbs the modern diet is laced with i.e. high fructose corn syrup, white flour, etc. is all it took.

The only thing I disagree with when it comes to your diet (based on what you've told me), is treating potatoes and bread like kryptonite. If I got that wrong, then please forgive me. Other than that, you did a great job. Foie is incredibly satiating, and you probably ingest, far, far fewer calories than some land whale eating "light" everything with the omnipresent bucket of diet coke.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The only thing I disagree with when it comes to your diet (based on what you've told me), is treating potatoes and bread like kryptonite. If I got that wrong, then please forgive me. Other than that, you did a great job. Foie is incredibly satiating, and you probably ingest, far, far fewer calories than some land whale eating "light" everything with the omnipresent bucket of diet coke.

Not quite kryptonite but close. I had three fingerling rosemary potatoes with dinner last night. Saturday I had about 1/3 of a baguette sliced with a meal of charcuterie, cheese, and wine. Of course, that was my only meal that day with a couple of light snacks. Mon-Thurs I will get the lion's share of my carbs from veggies. I slack off (a little) on the weekends.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
read this thread on my lunchbreak today.... and went to a bar and had nacho and salsa with 3 beers after work. thanks, mkarim.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Goddamn it's so hard for me to gain weight these days, I would ******* love to have mexican food available near me.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
read this thread on my lunchbreak today.... and went to a bar and had nacho and salsa with 3 beers after work. thanks, mkarim.

No problem! I'm glad the thread did someone some good... :)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Goddamn it's so hard for me to gain weight these days, I would ******* love to have mexican food available near me.

there are some mexican places in hong kong, right? I just don't know how good they are.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
LK, do you see a lot of fatties in China, especially the younger generation? I assume western styled fast foods are quite popular with them?
Yes, but keep in mind that in Japan, someone is considered like morbidly obese if they have a 32" waist. I've heard, however, that Chinese boys especially are getting incredibly fat.
One rarely sees obese people, but I have seen fat people yes. Many children are now fat due to a combination of increasing prosperity and the single child policy where parents indulge the child to no end. In fact, fast-food type places in China are considered somewhat expensive so only middle-class types go there unlike in the U.S. where it's associated with low income sorts.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
there are some mexican places in hong kong, right? I just don't know how good they are.

Yeah, but that's only on a weekend when I feel like taking a 1 hour ferry-ride to the Island or a 3 hour bus ride. Here on the mainland there's not much going on :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads