• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Purchase Club - March 2009 (new launch for MC)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
really?? I'm going to wait on a final ruling from our founder. My defense is that I didn't actually PURCHASE the item myself...someone else did.

The founder has spoken & you have escaped... THIS time.
devil.gif

(don't mind me, I'm just waiting for more people to join me in the after show party
laugh.gif
)

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Purchasing with a gift card is still purchasing. However, perfume is neither clothing or accessories IMO so I think that's kosher. If club members disagree, let's reconsider.

Scents are WORN, are they not? Part of getting dressed.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Scents are WORN, are they not? Part of getting dressed.

I said "club members", not ex-members
devil.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
Because I knew I couldn't adhere to the initiative's preceps, I didn't join. Thus, I bought a Sartorio Kiton jacket for spring. $.10 on the dollar - couldn't resist.

BLpUU3B2kKGrHgoH-C0EjlLlzVpnBJgFKpL.jpg
e433_1.jpg

That's a great jacket,worth getting kicked out of the club,where did you get it?I'd like a 40 if they have my size.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I knew I couldn't adhere to the initiative's preceps, I didn't join. Thus, I bought a Sartorio Kiton jacket for spring. $.10 on the dollar - couldn't resist.

BLpUU3B2kKGrHgoH-C0EjlLlzVpnBJgFKpL.jpg
e433_1.jpg

Very nice. Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I said "club members", not ex-members
devil.gif

burn!

Ah well...consider me out anyway. Come next week, there's an ebay purchase that I just cannot pass up.

I'll eventually be joining bmulford, holdfast, bigbris, and the rest in our collective shame. But we'll look good doing it!!
devil.gif

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
That's a great jacket,worth getting kicked out of the club,where did you get it?I'd like a 40 if they have my size.
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Very nice. Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?
Giovanni on ebay (remidia05) regularly has Sartorio jackets/suits for sale. He was kind enough to let me take for a fair bit below his BIN price. I don't know if he has any exactly like this in other sizes, but he does have a number of them in US 40. For $300 shipped its really hard to beat.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giovanni on ebay (remidia05) regularly has Sartorio jackets/suits for sale. He was kind enough to let me take for a fair bit below his BIN price.

I don't know if he has any exactly like this in other sizes, but he does have a number of them in US 40. For $300 shipped its really hard to beat.

Thanks. I think I have actually come across his store before. Some mighty tempting attolinis on there as well.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Greg, what is the fun in being an ibanker if you're going to be such a nit? Spend some money! Or was your salary capped?
frown.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe me, you don't want to know.
frown.gif
And I don't want to re-open this discussion because I have no interest in Augusto coming into this thread chanting "die yuppie, die!" and asking me to give back my bonus from 2004 since I'm singlehandedly responsible for killing the world economy.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the end of our first week and only 3 quitters (unless I'm missing someone - embowafa is predicting a failure of his will power and we'll get there when we cross that bridge...).

Nice job to all the others
fistbump.gif

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe me, you don't want to know.
frown.gif
And I don't want to re-open this discussion because I have no interest in Augusto coming into this thread chanting "die yuppie, die!" and asking me to give back my bonus from 2004 since I'm singlehandedly responsible for killing the world economy.

AH HA! so it was you!!!!....
boxing[1].gif

lol....

well... I lasted until about 10pm last night where I found a pair of AE park ave on eBay for $49.99
blush.gif

I'll give it the 'ole terp try next month

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do shoe care supplies count? I'm due for some new creams and I'd like to pick up some suede cleaner too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics