1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Jan 3, 2011.

1. forex

forex Senior member

well i got a call from Italy ... so there goes that.

it was good for 20 days

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Huh? What is that supposed to mean?A call from Italy?

2. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Count me in. I've got a bunch of stuff due to be finished in the next couple of weeks, so if I buy anything else between now and the end of next month it's just gluttony.

3. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'm also starting a sub-division of the "no purchase club" called "go to the gym" club. I'll be the sole member for now. I know most of you won't care, but to shame myself, I'll report skipped days here.

4. TTO

TTO Senior member

I'm also starting a sub-division of the "no purchase club" called "go to the gym" club. I'll be the sole member for now. I know most of you won't care, but to shame myself, I'll report skipped days here.

I'm in on this one!

I skipped today though![​IMG]

-TTO

5. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Huh? What is that supposed to mean?A call from Italy?
    An offer or confirmation of order, I'd think. I may need to join this club late after buying a lot more than I should have in January. But now there's an expensive fur-lined sweater on eBay that I absolutely have to own, plus someone just listed my single most wanted pair of jeans and they are not cheap by a longshot either. And I just found a shirt on Yoox that I saw at Holt Renfrew and loved but missed in my size on sale. And there's more .... you begin to see why I don't usually even bother attempting buying bans.

6. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

can I be a late addition to the club please? we get our bonus checks in early february and I don't want to spend it all on clothes....

zbelden00, only if you can go until March 20th. Let me know.

7. MyOtherLife

well i got a call from Italy ... so there goes that.

it was good for 20 days

[​IMG] [​IMG]

niidawg3, methinks you were playing the home game version.
    You weren't signed up in the first place, unless I missed something earlier?

8. MyOtherLife

Count me in. I've got a bunch of stuff due to be finished in the next couple of weeks, so if I buy anything else between now and the end of next month it's just gluttony.

Prince, If you will commit to March 20th, I'll add you on. Let me know.
    The challenge is 2 months. I'm sure you can do it?....standing by for your response.

9. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Possible I can be a late joiner? I plan on starting Feb 1st. And go at least all of Feb. It will be tough, but cleansing as well.

10. jdldore

jdldore Well-Known Member

MOL -- Still trucking. Second fitting for a suit (for cloth I received three months ago) is in the middle of next month, but no payment will be due until the end of March at the earliest. That is my only outstanding liability. My wife is thrilled.

11. TTO

TTO Senior member

Resisting some very tempting ties pointed out to me ....Must RESIST!

-TTO

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

Bought 5 polo shirts from lands' end canvas for going to the gym, $6 each. I don't really consider this a clothing purchase, more like underwear.

13. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

OK so my sunglasses are falling apart and in case you haven't heard there's no ozone layer down here... I'm seeking special dispensation for a replacement pair...

...Phuck it, I'll go blind for the cause and buy 'em in the autumn.

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I violated the oath yesterday when I bought a few items from Land's End Canvas and their awesomely cheap sale prices. I figured the prices were too good to pass up, especially for something that would look nice and that I wouldn't care if I dirtied it up working outside.

Fortunately, my will power returned before the end of the evening and I realized that I don't need any more clothes for working outside - in fact, that's probably what I need the least of in my wardrobe! I was able to cancel the order before it was actually shipped.

15. TTO

TTO Senior member

Fortunately, my will power returned before the end of the evening and... I was able to cancel the order before it was actually shipped.
    Well done M-P, I hope to be able to resist the urge for a new shirt or two whilst they are on sale, the will is there but it is weak!
    -TTO

16. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

Okay, so I just bought an engagement ring. Not sure if it counts as a violation, but I have no regrets.

17. MyOtherLife

I'll update the scorecard sheet later today. Sorry I've not tended to it in the last few days.
    My SO's computer died and guess who has to tend to it.

18. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

I'm still going strong. My checking account has grown to $656. Just enough to pay March rent when March comes along. I'll keep adding to it with some more B and S sales.

Optometry school is such a bummer like that.

19. acecow

acecow Senior member

I bought a couple of dresses for my gf, since I couldn't buy anything for myself. [​IMG]

Oh, and going to the gym every weekday so far. Feels great!

20. ishakir

ishakir Well-Known Member

I envy your resolve, gentlemen. I hope to be amongst your ranks the next time around.