1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Jan 3, 2011.

1. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

This is going to be too easy for me.
    1) I'm poor.
    2) I'm in optometry school and everyone else dresses poorly so I'm not really competing with anyone.

There should be a rule that says you can buy from other members on the No Purchase Club. That way, we're helping the pocketbooks of each other if we do mess up and have to have something.

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

This thread should be posted as a sticky at the top of all the BS forum pages as a reminder if we stray into there. lol

3. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

I'm in for January and February. I'm hoping some of you guys will buy my pocket squares and cufflinks though. Had to replace car tires, struts, and have an eighteen inch crack in my windshield that I have not yet replaced. So that comes first.

If you buy from me, I won't tell on you and say how great of a buyer you were in the feedback thread.

I see what you are doing there [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit - URGH. Very tempted by this.

4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

I am a little late to the party, but I will be joining. My alterations tailor just told me to stop buying stuff.

^^ omfg right after I poasted, I clicked on your link. $#$#%$!

5. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

I know it's late, but I'm in for the next two months if you'll have me. After all, we all need to rest the credit card and wallet for a bit.

6. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

thenanyu & Duppy, I've added you to the list as Late Entries.
    Refer to page 1 of this thread to see the rules.
    Refer to page 5 of this thread to see the score card.
    Welcome aboard and best of luck.

7. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

8. FidelCashflow

Is it still too late for a late entry? I haven't purchased anything in the last week, but I just took delivery of a pair of Carmina shoes purchased in December and exchanged in the beginning of January (no extra cost.) Even though I'm wearing a pair of brand new shoes for the first time (3rd pair since December), I almost gave into temptation 4 times today to buy even more shoes (3 pairs of killer S/S 2011 Lanvin shoes and a pair of Canali loafers) [​IMG] I've gotten 5 calls in the last month from the credit card company asking "did you really buy this stuff, or was your credit card stolen?" - time for a break. [​IMG]

9. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

Is it still too late for a late entry? I haven't purchased anything in the last week, but I just took delivery of a pair of Carmina shoes purchased in December and exchanged in the beginning of January (no extra cost.)

Even though I'm wearing a pair of brand new shoes for the first time, I almost gave into temptation 4 times today to buy even more shoes (3 pairs of killer S/S 2011 Lanvin shoes and a pair of Canali loafers all had me ready to spend.)

I've gotten 5 calls in the last month from the credit card company asking "did you really buy this stuff, or was your credit card stolen?" - time for a break. [​IMG]

Just let him enter. Based on his recent activity, it should be fun to watch.

10. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

ok Fidel, good you have come to your senses. You are now binded by the oath. Welcome aboard. [​IMG] List has been updated. Just click on my sig or go to Page 5 of this thread to see updated list. It's been awfully quiet in the last few days.....I hope the rest of you are being good boys. (Rather suspiciously strong and silent bunch...don't you think?)

11. FidelCashflow

It's been awfully quiet in the last few days.....I hope the rest of you are being good boys.
    (Rather suspiciously strong and silent bunch...don't you think?)

Almost too quiet... [​IMG]

Today I wore some colorful wool Marcoliani socks for the first time, really nice stuff (I always used to wear cheapo black socks.) For a minute I entertained the notion of buying a few more pairs online, then I realized that would mean I would be kicked out of the NPC club, so it made it easier for me to just put it out of my mind. I find it makes things easier if I'm accountable to someone who can relate.

Plus everyone knows socks are like a gateway drug... [​IMG]

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

I've been a good boy! [​IMG]

13. Gong Tao

Gong Tao Senior member

TO avoid temptation, I am not going to stores, looking at catalogs, or visiting clothing websites. I imagine most others in the NPC are doing the same. Unfortunately, it doesn't give us much material for discussion.

How about we make bets on who falls off the wagon first? I vote for Fidel.

14. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Is everyone here still Master of his Domain?? [​IMG]

15. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

Not only have I note bought anything clothing related, I throw all the catalogs away the moment they come in. And I delete the emails once they arrive. I've made it my new years resolution too.

16. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

I've been ignoing the catalogues, too.

But I do have some Tyrwhitt gift cards from Christmas - if I spent these does it count (it's not my money, technically)?

17. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

My finances are messed up right now. Won't have discretionary income until March. So it will be a piece of cake.

18. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

The offending shoes posted in Shoe Damage Thread.

If you're going to sin, do it well. Nice job.

19. tone76

tone76 Senior member

Is everyone here still Master of his Domain?? [​IMG]

Lord of the Manor. [​IMG]

20. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Hi everybody, my name is deadly. I am, by many people's accounts, addicted to buying dress clothes. Thanks to this group, I have now been "new clothing" free for almost a whole week! I almost gave in to temptation though on some fantastic ties in B&S thread.

----

Can we turn this thread into a support group?