• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live to spend. Sorry.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
It is, it is! Does this mean you're in?

The first step to solving your problem is to admit that you have a problem.

I do not have a problem. Therefore, I am clearly exempt.

jdldore

Reaction score
Why not? My wife sat me down for her version of an intervention night before last anyway.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
I'm out, **** this.

laugh.gif

GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!
i just resisted an antique watch I was all set to swipe.
but i don't expect my resolve to last for 60 days.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I told the missus I would quit in December, but I broke down and purchased one pair of sweats. Three days later when the the box arrived I got an ominous text saying 'WHY IS THERE A BOX FROM A CLOTHING STORE ON OUR PORCH??'. I was counting on her being at school. She now calls them 'the sweatpants of a traitor'.
rolleyes.gif

I promised to lay off the expensive clothing until March. Don't know if I can do it.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintoTerra
I was counting on her being at school. She now calls them 'the sweatpants of a traitor'.

I lol'd. She's got a good sense of humor.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Bingo.

This is the key to self control, in my experience. It means I need to stop reading SF, Will's blog, and other style sites as often as I do. But it's for a good cause. And I am staying out of B&S altogether. I know that, once I go in, I'm not coming out empty handed. Better not to go in at all.

I originally stopped on this thread to see if it was the reason for all the abandoned shopping carts on my store this month. But I have to say hey! Stop buying if you must but keep reading ASW!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea. I'm in. Although, I'm proud to say that I've kicked my addiction on my own. Only things I buy nowadays are essential items, like underwear and socks, and a shirt on sale from MT once a month. But for the next two months I will bypass even that. What's next?! Quit smoking?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, tonight at midnight central time is the deadline.
Anyone else want in, now is the time.

GucciMonster

Reaction score
I'm in... we will overcome

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Great idea. I'm in. Although, I'm proud to say that I've kicked my addiction on my own. Only things I buy nowadays are essential items, like underwear and socks, and a shirt on sale from MT once a month. But for the next two months I will bypass even that. What's next?! Quit smoking?

"I'm going to take up smoking then give that up!"

I'm in btw. I just blew money on BB's 3 for 159 sale and am regretting it [for a few reasons].

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads