• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE CLUB for SEPTEMBER 2011

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The September challenge is now closed.

These members officially took the NPC Challenge for Spetember 2011:

• Adagio
  • gettoasty
  • qbessi
  • TTO
  • unbelragazzo
  • bourbonbasted
  • valhson
  • superlegitman
  • luftvier
  • Duppy
  • RicPac
  • Wjleier
  • sftiger
  • md2010
  • tone76
  • stevent
  • Kslim
  • tomee
  • hendrix
  • seanpatrickb
  • tailoredstuff
  • Hornswaggler
  • Fred G. Unn
  • Michigan Planner
  • MadAboutPlaid
  • timotune
  • stevent
  • ElDave
  • threeleggeddog
  • Marcellionheart
  • Man Of Lint
  • Oleg
  • acecow
  • rickyforever
  • Radagast
  • Blahman (you are a sick puppy and need help badly...you're IN)

...and now the [COLOR=FF00AA]Results[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]UN-OFFICIAL List of Successful Candidates[/COLOR] who stayed Purchase Free!
Congratulations to you!

• Adagio
  • TTO
  • unbelragazzo
  • valhson
  • superlegitman
  • Duppy
  • tone76
  • Kslim
  • davesmith
  • hendrix
  • seanpatrickb
  • Hornswaggler
  • Michigan Planner
  • MadAboutPlaid
  • timotune
  • threeleggeddog
  • Oleg
  • rickyforever
  • Blahman
(If you do not belong on this list above, please confess)

[COLOR=FF00AA]Failures[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]Minor Infractions [/COLOR]
(Those who spent on Emergencies only and stayed within their alloted allowances)

• Tomee - Maintenance Repair on Merino Wool sweater ($40) Tell us it's your only sweater and you squeak through ;)
  • RicPac - 2 underwear from uniqlo ($2.90 each)(he did say 'sorry couldnt pass up a deal like that'. after all)
  • Fred G. Unn - new hangers ($20) A reasonable & minimal purchase on maintenance so it gets a pass.
  • Stevent - Soccer jersey ($40) I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that your Manchester U jersey was beyond repair.
  • Luftvier - Got shoes reheeled. $35. Needed to be done
  • tailoredstuff - Un-disclosed pairs of shoes TOPY'd ($56 aud)
  • Man Of Lint - Acetone, ($10) Leather Lotion ($12), 2pr Shoe Laces ($10) shoe maintenance supplies

[COLOR=FF00AA]The Incorrigibles [/COLOR] :decisions:
(Those who spent on non-emergencies or went beyond their allowances)

• [COLOR=FF00AA]Marcellionheart[/COLOR] - 1 pair of cords and 1 pair of moleskins (£75)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Qbessi[/COLOR] - 2 pocket squares (£??), 1 pair of cheap jeans (£60)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Stevent[/COLOR] - Raf Simons x Fred Perry polo ($26), Sebago boots ($12)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Gettoasty[/COLOR] - Belt ($47), alterations ($27) The skincare products are not clothing-related so you are ok on that.
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]ElDave[/COLOR] - 1 pair of Missoni socks at Target ($5.99), Shoe dye gets a pass.
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Bourbonbasted[/COLOR] - 1 pair Stubbs ($100), 1 pr Forest Green Milano cords ($70), Barbour Mens Bardon Quilted Jacket ($75), Cucinelli sweater ($50)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Acecow[/COLOR] - a nice pair of C&J black suede loafers on ebay ($120 shipped with shoe trees)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Radagast[/COLOR] - workout shorts ($30) You joined late and your max allowance was $25, not $100. Also this was non-emergency. Gotcha!
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Sftiger[/COLOR] - Well he 'just snagged himself a beautiful Panta blue herringbone tie ($??)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Luftvier[/COLOR] - 2 pr wool trousers (light grey flannel and charcoal) Oops ($59.98 each? or total?)
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Wjleier[/COLOR] - 1 used pocket square and a new pair of 'sox' ($30), Shoe dye gets a pass.
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Davesmith[/COLOR] - 1 filson bag $185, 2 rain coats $240 and some other stuff
  • [COLOR=FF00AA]Sftiger[/COLOR] - Bill's khakis ($48), Panta tie ($99), B. Nelson shoe recrafting ($~90) 1 Tom Ford tie ($97 or so)

Honourary Member

[COLOR=FF00AA]Digmenow [/COLOR] :decisions:
PRL cotton sport coat ($ ??), footwear/cord purchase ($16), shades ($2), 3 Kirkland Dress Shirts (@$4.75 ea)
1 no label 'made in England' camel brown cashmere/wool db overcoat with peak lapels and pick stitching ($15)

Peanut Gallery

[COLOR=FF00AA]Klobber [/COLOR] :decisions:
(Joined September 24th..lol) Lasted 3 days, then purchased 1 Stefano Ricci black poka dot tie ($19)

Special Treatment

[COLOR=FF00AA]Digmenow[/COLOR], who himself requested flagellation
[COLOR=FF00AA]md2010[/COLOR], because misery loves company

[COLOR=FF00AA]Acecow[/COLOR] joyfully requested the Detention Centre

Marcellionheart, you may now wear those moleskin pants. Enjoy. :)

Gentlemen,
thank you all for participating in this excersize of self-discipline.
Whether you stayed strong or not, you all get credit for trying.
I would like also to congratulate those of you who stayed strong and spent nothing this month.
To those of you who played here and to non-members of SF, it would be nice to see you join us for the October challenge!
Thank you everyone! Enjoy what you have! Save what you can!
-MOL

I will have the OCTOBER CLUB linked to my Signature asap.

[COLOR=FF00AA]Edit - Davesmith & Sftiger added to List Of Incorrigibles[/COLOR]

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I do not belong on the UN-OFFICIAL List of Successful Candidates who stayed Purchase Free!

I bought a filson bag $185, 2 rain coats $240 and i'm sure some other stuff i can't recall right now!

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this thread all month. Unwilling to commit.

This club is terrifying. I can't even imagine trying to accomplish an entire month without spending something.

I did pretty good though - 3 weeks in Italy - didn't purchase a thing to wear (this is not hard for me actually as I don't much like to shop for clothes when on vacation anyway.)

I blame my failure on ED MOREL who offered me a pair of Panta trousers in the exact color I've been looking for - $199.00. My total expenditure for the month.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, MoL.

By the way, cheap jeans are what I bought at Target for $20 (wearing in casual MC fit pics). 60 pounds is hardly a little amount of money.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do not belong on the UN-OFFICIAL List of Successful Candidates who stayed Purchase Free!

I bought a filson bag $185, 2 rain coats $240 and i'm sure some other stuff i can't recall right now!
Dave, thank you for being honest. I admit I was rather tired when I compiled the list last night. I don't know how you slipped through the cracks. I will update this list a bit later. I also noticed I placed myself in 'Minor Infractions' by mistake. My purchases were not emergencies so I'll update myself into the 'Incorrigibles' list. If anyone else can spot an error in the final list, please post it here and I will do one final update tonight. I will also get the October Club posted tonight. Thank you everyone! :)

sftiger

Reaction score
I also appreciate being put in the "minor infractions" section, but I believe my Bill's khakis ($48), Panta tie ($99), and B. Nelson shoe recrafting ($~90) puts me in the list of failures. Oh, and I just won one of Spoo's Tom Ford ties last night ($97 or so)

Looking forward to the October Club. Now that I've paid more attention to where and when I'm actually spending money on clothes, I actually think I can do this. Going to be tough with that Brioni sample sale next week, though

adagio

Reaction score
Hey Man of Lint,

How about, for the October club, if we sell or exchange an item of clothing, we can then spend whatever we make (or the agreed exchange value) to buy some stuff. I'd be in again for October if this was a runner. I really need to sort out a jacket or two since my tweeds no longer fit. Whaddyathink?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics