• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE CLUB for OCTOBER 2011

forseti6

Reaction score
I failed. Took advantage of the 40% off AE and bought a pair of Bayfields for $210.... Hope they fit.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I failed. Took advantage of the 40% off AE and bought a pair of Bayfields for $210.... Hope they fit.

You may have failed but you don't get to quit.
That goes for all of you out there...10 more days to go.

valhson

Reaction score
Wow, this month has been bad for a lot of us. Seems more like a what I purchased thread.

miketoc

Reaction score
Been relatively good so far, work travel has made avoiding new purchases pretty easy but I did drop off 2 pairs of jeans for alterations before the October 7th date and picked up/payed for them after. $36 there.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday October 24, 2011

Not one cent spent over here. I am still battling Bronchitis though I have re-sewn many buttons and am repairing a leather strap on a duffel coat. I have discovered that KIWI wax polish makes a nice substitute for Vic's Vapo-Rub. It offers a wonderful high when working on one lung. :tounge:

How is everyone else holding up?

Last edited:

tone76

Reaction score
Another day, another fail. Bought 3 Zara ties and a Zara jacket from the Australian equivalent of GILT. That was in addition to the 2 R&B ties from last week. Total damage $49. :embar:

On the plus side, I did polish and condition both pairs of AEs. I also purged 2 pairs of crappy old shoes, and have am in the process of putting some pre-SF gear on eBay (mainly SW&D stuff).

Last edited:

Duppy

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Mr. B's brogue boots last week. :embar:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than the undershirts reported earlier, doing fine! I polished all shoes, including my wife's. My mother-in-law replaced buttons on a Gieves & Hawkes sportcoat I have with some buttons I scored from Tender Buttons on 62nd St last summer, originally intending to use on a different coat but never got around to fixing.
Fred

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more damage ...... I had to buy few lacoste. So cheap here in Bangkok cheaper than US even after sale and half price compare to Australian stores. Total damage $320 . I will get $20 back as tax refund at the airport !
3 Dress shirts and one zip up jumper.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
October 27, 2011

4 days to go.
How is everyone holding up? I am still purchase-free over here.

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
I want to thank the NPC. Yesterday, there was a Groupon for Bonobos - I think it was $55 for $110 of clothing. I was so close to buying it. Now . . . I have never purchased anything from Bonobos. Never even seriously contemplated it. But hey - it was a deal! This is what I do - buy stuff because it's a good deal. So I remembered that I had committed to the NPC and resisted.

So, I'm still holding strong. No way I'm signing up for November, though.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to thank the NPC. Yesterday, there was a Groupon for Bonobos - I think it was $55 for $110 of clothing. I was so close to buying it. Now . . . I have never purchased anything from Bonobos. Never even seriously contemplated it. But hey - it was a deal! This is what I do - buy stuff because it's a good deal. So I remembered that I had committed to the NPC and resisted.
So, I'm still holding strong. No way I'm signing up for November, though.

Yeah I discovered that last summer, good deals are actually terrible deals when you just bought something you don't need.

And yes, there should not even be a NPC for November given the sales...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads