• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE CLUB for OCTOBER 2011

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday October 14, 2011

Hi everyone!
Sorry I have been unable to attend my computer for the last few days.
Please continue to report any spending and if you have stayed strong to this point, please ring in anyway.
I have to go back out again but will be back tonight.
Keep this alive! :slayer:
Cheers,
-MOL

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15th October .... we are right in the middle of October .I have not spent anything on clothing or clothing related items. good luck to you all.

ianGP

Reaction score
I was doing great since the beginning of September........ gave in today to a coat and a pair of shoes :(

passing on the luck to everyone else :)

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does buying cheap clothes for a Halloween costume count?

forseti6

Reaction score
I spent $73 on cologne. Does that count? I was running low.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was doing great since the beginning of September........ gave in today to a coat and a pair of shoes :(
passing on the luck to everyone else :)

Total damage please? $$

Does buying cheap clothes for a Halloween costume count?

Leave it to Ace to find a loophole. :) How much did you have in mind?

I spent $73 on cologne. Does that count? I was running low.

Dubious, as it can be argued that cologne could fall under personal hygiene....I'll give it a pass, but thank you for reporting it!

Gentlemen...
It is now Monday October 17, 2011
I must apologize for not getting the list of official NPC Members up as yet.
I have been suffering a very nasty chest infection these past days and have been bedridden.
If my strength permits, I will attend asap.

Please kindly continue to report in as the data will all be tabulated at months end.
I am purchase-free thus far this month.
Thank you all.

ianGP

Reaction score

Total damage please? $$

$1600 @ ShoptheFinest
-Borrelli Navy DB coat
-Sutor suede boots
$355 @ our BS thread
-Borrelli brown DB coat

If I don't buy anything from now until Christmas, I'll still be able to give decent gifts to the family.......and me :D

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
Can't believe the month is more than halfway over! September was hard, but this month has been a breeze. For those who haven't joined but are thinking about it - give it a try. I'm amazed that I haven't spent a penny on clothes since the beginning of September. And guess what? I haven't had to go naked a single day. Turns out I have a lot of clothes already. You probably do, too.

MOL - get well soon.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MadAboutPlaid, thank you.
Have been suffering chronic Bronchitis all my life and currently enduring another wave. I fear it is teetering on Pneumonia. Even to take a monet to type this is making me very dizszy,
I must go back to my bed. Keep up the good fight everyone. and please report infidelities or even temptations, that others will help talk you out of it.
Stay strong. I'll probably have my strength back in a few more days.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$22 on PRL undershirts at C21 last week. I just got back from performing in Taiwan and realized before I left that after losing 35 lbs I didn't have enough undershirts that fit to get through the week. Fun hang at the Taichung Jazz Festival though!

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am in BKK on holidays. My GF made me purchase a $90 lacoste polo ( I didnt want to buy ...but she made me !). Other than that I have not purchased any clothing items.

Last edited:

tone76

Reaction score
Final tally for the HF-related damage mentioned on an earlier page: $107. About $20 for the two shirts, $87 in overall shipping costs to Australia. :fu: However, I shouldn't complain. If these shirts are really $200+ shirts in US terms, then it should make the typical shirt Australian shops charge $200 for look like something from Kmart in comparison.

On a related note, I broke down and bought two Rhodes & Beckett ties on sale for $39.95 each. I could claim one of these as a necessity, as I bought a purple shirt just prior to the October NPC commencement date ... but I won't.

So yeah, I suck at NPC this month. :p

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One lung drained, one lung to go...coughcough....and I am monitoring this thread very closely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads