• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE Club for MAY 2011

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
Count me OUT. I don't see the point of this. Not only that, it appears the economy is on the mend and we need to do everything we can to help.

I can't speak on anybody else's behalf, but I know I sure as hell don't help the economy.....99% of my purchases are from forums

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised more people haven't signed up as yet. This is a wonderful opportunity to save some cash for the summer.
Just a reminder, the cut-off time to join is tonight at midnight, California time.

After that, we'll take late entries until Sunday night California time, but late entries will not be allowed a $100 emergency fund.
If you are undecided, then join! Better to at least try and fail than not to try at all.
I'll post the official participants list after tonights deadline. Thank you everyone.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lint you have let me down. You usually reply to our inquiries the same day but this time you haven't answered mine and it's been a few days.

Well turns out that I may not end up purchasing the laptop in may, supposedly June 5th is a apple release date of some kind. I hope they reptase os x Lion so that my waiting is not in vain.

Posted via Tapatalk

ezlau

Reaction score
New Panta ties just came in by the way
devil.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CalTex, a backpack can be a clothing accessory, and it can also just be a backpack. You receive a pass since it is for school.
Let's see how many people now suddenly need backpacks for 'school' too..lol.

Michael_A

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am 49 years old and discovered this forum recently and determined I have dressed poorly for 49 years. I am 6'6" and only 165# so rebuilding my wardrobe has been expensive and time consuming. (Although very rewarding.) I am now in debt and can't buy ANYTHING until October 1st. I would like to join the club for May, June, July, August and September and look forward to your support and encouragement!

Michael

mapclub

Reaction score
I am newish here too. ^ I will try this out though.. starting now...regardless of starting/cutoff date (I am in Aus and in the future to American anyway) Item I won't use
10cj3sx.jpg
aw man. Even typing this is hard work
frown.gif
But if I save what I normally spend in a month it will be a m a z i n g.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lint: lol thanks. So is the laptop okay as well? I may end up waiting until June to buy it but in case they release os x lion before I want to know if I can get excited or not lol.

Posted via Tapatalk

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
Lint: lol thanks. So is the laptop okay as well? I may end up waiting until June to buy it but in case they release os x lion before I want to know if I can get excited or not lol.

Posted via Tapatalk

This NPC is for clothing purchases so a laptop doesn't count.

JGloger

Reaction score
Michael and mapclub - welcome to StyleForum and to the No Purchase Club. Best of luck to both of you with staying strong this month!
smile.gif

mapclub

Reaction score
Just posting to report nothing new watched on ebay! Normally my watch/want list on there is a steady 100 items.

I have cleared all items ending within this month and I guess I should encourage folks in this thread to do the same?

Still no outstanding PM replies sent from sellers on either sufu or sf either. Maybe they know about my problem, haha.

Things are looking good.

(also I just re read the rules.. should there be a rule that stipulates no spending of said saved money at end of the month? Or is that a reward? It would be grail level money for me on my small student scale)

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm out already....no big deal for me, after 2 months I knew it was coming soon - I just bought 4 new dress shirts. In the past 2 months, I busted holes through the left elbow of 4 shirts so I needed to replace those. I really need to stop leaning on my desk at work...keeping my arm bent like that and rubbing the shirt sleeve on the top of my desk is definitely not helping this issue for me.
laugh.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scooby-doo
Just paid $12 for pants alteration, but paid penance this morning by sewing on button on khaki trousers.
biggrin.gif

To go all lawyer on this, alterations are maintenance so you're still alright
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads