• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE Club for MARCH 2011

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
March 29 and 2 days to go. Time for the infidels to rings in. List your crimes.
I will do a grand Slam update on the 31st. I apologise for letting life get in the way and not having attended to this thread 2 weeks ago, but I will do an official update.
The challenge is still very much underway, and with only 2 days left, let's hear from the reast of you out there. As for myself,
I have gotten through March with no spending and have sewn many buttons,
and done some touch-ups on a few jackets (repairing loose threads). Thanks everyone.

Also.......................
Please ring in as to wether or not you would like an APRIL NP Club. As the weather gets warmer, the temptations will get worse, so if you need this club to continue, please say 'IN' for April.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed's Panta thread is killing me, but I only have 2 more days to go, so I think I can do it. I would love to try for April as well...I'm trying to plan a wedding for this fall and I need to save all the money I can, but at this point I'll have to say I'm out for next month. If I can make it through the whole month of March, then I think I can limit myself to just 1 or 2 items in April and not let my spending get out of control.

gungadin25

Reaction score
I haven't purchased any clothing in over 18 months. Got tired of big numbers on my CC bill.

Duppy

Reaction score
Forgive Me, NPC April Members for I have sinned this month:

A pair of AS Dulwichs from A fine pair of shoes and 2 work shirts on sale at BR. Couldn't help myself after doing the first two months of the year with NPC.

gungadin25 more props to you on your ability to resist the urge to purchase.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
Please let me know when you start the NPC for April...I need help.

I bought two suits, some shirts, and about 5 pairs of shoes this month!
blush.gif

Oh...and a pair of Panta trousers from Mr. Morel today.

If NPC doesn't work for me I'll have to delete my SF account and find a 12-step group.

you sound just like me.. i could never join this group though, i admire your willpower

may you go from strength to strength
worship.gif

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Ed's Panta thread is killing me, but I only have 2 more days to go, so I think I can do it. I would love to try for April as well...I'm trying to plan a wedding for this fall and I need to save all the money I can, but at this point I'll have to say I'm out for next month. If I can make it through the whole month of March, then I think I can limit myself to just 1 or 2 items in April and not let my spending get out of control.

maybe this is a violation, but I pm'd ed and was like, can I buy x and pay on the first? did i fail? otherwise, made it through this glorious month without a single purchase.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons
maybe this is a violation, but I pm'd ed and was like, can I buy x and pay on the first? did i fail? otherwise, made it through this glorious month without a single purchase.

Not sure if that broke the rules or not....but I'm done for March now. It's the last day of the month and I made it. No way I'm in for April, there's a couple things I have my eye on that I will definitely be buying soon, probably within the next 2-3 days.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons
You're still good.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Not sure if that broke the rules or not....but I'm done for March now. It's the last day of the month and I made it. No way I'm in for April, there's a couple things I have my eye on that I will definitely be buying soon, probably within the next 2-3 days.

You are still good! We'll start on April 04 so knock yourselves out for a few days.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I'm in, no purchases in March, its been 3 months now.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RESULTS POST (March 31, 2011) Those who joined the March 2011 challenge These brave souls took the vow to spend not one cent on clothing related items for themselves for the month of March 2011.
  • nmprisons
  • acecow
  • sonlegoman
  • Metlin
  • Prince of Paisley
  • Mudhiker
  • Yika
  • Hans Cater
  • gladhands
  • Beatlegeuse
  • ericyangsays
  • HarleyBob (dubious as to whether or not he joined)
  • Oyaji
  • TintoTerra
  • Mr T
  • upnorth
  • Duppy
  • timotune
  • PTWilliams
  • Man Of Lint
Late Starters
(after the March 04 deadline)
  • Libertyman (joined Mar 14)
Infidels (the list of the fallen- those who spent)
decisions.gif
shog[1].gif
gladhands (Paul Stuart pebble-grain chukkas)
shog[1].gif
Prince of Paisley (navy sports jacket for the Aussie A/W... but it was 50% off) punishible by being pilloried for 48 hours...shame!! ..shame!!
PilloryMarkSheila.JPG
Thank you everyone for participating here, and those lurkers who played the home game! If this has helped you save money, then you are on the way to recovery, congratulations to all! If you have not joined Styleforum yet, do so today! All are welcome! The NO PURCHASE Club sign-ups for APRIL 2011 thread is here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...20#post4305220

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
You are still good! We'll start on April 04 so knock yourselves out for a few days.

If that's the case, I'll put my name in there...going shopping this weekend in the meantime!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads