• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Purchase Club - February 2009

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm there with ya, just have to finish up a few purchases in Jan
wink.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh thank God Feb is a short month.

2sweet

Reaction score
I figure, my closet is so full and big, there are really only a few more pieces that I could conceivably want, and the weather is so mild in Cali, many of those pieces would only be for travel anyway: 1. topcoat. I have one already, actually. But, I wouldn't mind having an inexpensive one, when I want to feel dignified, but don't want to worry about my 'nice' one. 2. a few more fitted dress shirts. I have a few, but I wouldn't mind having more. I can't say it's an actual necessity. 3. down jacket with hood. I have several down jackets, but none of them have a hood. It'd be a nice luxury: just flip up the hood, instead of remembering a wool cap. 4. Some nice wool slacks. 5. Khakis. I haven't felt a need to purchase them, but they're a classic, so why not? When my budget allows. But not in February! Edit: 6. I can't believe I still don't have a pair of Vans! So casual! Maybe in March? Just kiddin!

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the no purchase thread, quit talking about what you want to buy! None of us want to relapse!

2sweet

Reaction score
My bad. To clarify, I was TRYING to say that the things I want I don't really need and I can do without buying.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm in. After the vast amounts of EG I just bought this weekend, I think I have no other choice. Let's hope some of it fits this time around.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on my end of January binge as well. Mostly stuff from other forum members.

I have the Wings and Horns Field Jacket to look forward to in March.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shamelessly climbs on board.....
frown.gif
Out....

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I'm on my end of January binge as well. Mostly stuff from other forum members.

I have the Wings and Horns Field Jacket to look forward to in March.

Does that mean you aren't going to want to buy my stuff that doesn't fit?
smile.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right! Sorry, I forgot which thread I was on...

2sweet

Reaction score
You know, since we know so much about fashion, writing about it, researching it, buying tasteful or not so tasteful items, howz about we make some money at it? 1. focus on selling items during the month of February instead of buying new items. As I tried to state in my previous post, how many new items do we really need? Probably very few. 2. how about making some money by getting a new job? How about starting up a section in the forum on job listings in fashion, retail, sales. Given the economic climate, this could be just the solution. 3. Does anyone work as a fashion consultant free lance? If you're going to go shopping, make it payoff. Anyway, instead of just saying 'don't buy', which is a good idea for many of us, let's take it one step further and say, 'how can we make money' instead of just spending it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads