1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

No more RL Black Label in Boston

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by boston, May 20, 2005.

1. boston

boston Senior member

I finally managed to drop by the Ralph Lauren store in Boston to check out the new black label line, but it seems that they have sent all their stock to New York. The salesguy did not know if they would get any more stock.

Does this mean it's doing well or badly?

They still have some BL suits in the window btw.

-boston

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

What a shock. I predicted a quick demise for Black Label. At least that means that the Purple Label room will be full stocked again.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

And hopefully they can go back to making more RLPL items in smaller sizes.

Jon.

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

It was highly unlikely that the BL collection would fail.

Even the stock from the SoHo and Bleeker locations have been moved to the Madison Ave store. It's selling so well, that each location had only a few pieces left. They consolidated to Madison Ave, where it's selling the best, or so I've heard...

I was at Madison Ave yesterday, and they even had a bare bones stock.

5. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

I'm not surprised BL failed in Boston. Given what I've seen of BL, and given that I lived in Boston for 3 years, BL doesn't really represent the style of the typical Bostonite. Now, you freaks in NYC on the other hand... [​IMG] Just my 2 cents. Jeff

6. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

First J M Weston,now RL Black Label .Like rats jumping off a sinking ship. Conclusion:Newbury Street,Boston-not a great climate for high end retail clothing. [​IMG]