• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No more low rise trousers!

Goofy

Reaction score
I just found this picture as a great example of a big guy wearing high rise trousers
View attachment 1671469
That’s cause he’s wearing suspenders. Try keeping those pants up whiteout them. Besides, only obese men with relatively slim waists can pull off low rise trouser, which the depicted gentleman is lacking.

Last edited:

Goofy

Reaction score
this is either an attempt to be funny or you fundamentally don’t understand how clothes are meant to fit.

If the latter, the jeans are simply too small to fit properly.
No it’s not. Please elaborate.

To clarify.
The picture served to make a point.
An obese person wears a slimmer size pair of low rise trousers, than he would a high rise pair. That’s because the abdomen gets in the way. In the former, size is determined by the circumference of the pelvis, whereas in the later by the circumference of the abdomen. Besides that, obese people can pull off wearing low rise trousers without the assistance of belts or suspenders, which can’t be pulled off when wearing a high rise design. Not to mention size preference and it’s psychological impact on consumerism.

Last edited:

TheSartorialPunjabi

Reaction score

To clarify.
An obese person wears a slimmer size pair of low rise trousers, than he would a high rise pair. That’s because the abdomen is in the way. In the former size is determined by the circumference of the pelvis whera in the later by the circumference of the belly. Besides that, obese people can pull of low rise trousers without wearing a belt or suspender, which can’t be pulled of when wearing a high rise design.
What? You obviously don’t understand clothing at all.
1. You’re blind
2. In the picture that I put up, he is clearly wearing high rise trousers
3. Dress trousers have an elastic around the waist of the trouser so it stays in place
4. Even though he has side adjusters, the suspenders do help keep them up and suspenders are an optional choice
5. Those green dress trousers are part slim, not tapered to suffocation
6. You only gave me a picture of a big guy wearing jeans not dress trousers or chinos
7. It doesn’t matter about which pair of trousers you wear, we’re not talking about fabric either, low rise trousers (dress, chinos, jeans, etc…) they car all cut the same because a low rise puts stress on the waist and puts pressure on the gentleman’s area
8. Low rise also pushes out the gut because low rise sits below the gut and at the waist
8EDCA6BA-14A1-45A9-8252-D6BD9AAF298A.png

Goofy

Reaction score
What? You obviously don’t understand clothing at all.
1. You’re blind
2. In the picture that I put up, he is clearly wearing high rise trousers
3. Dress trousers have an elastic around the waist of the trouser so it stays in place
4. Even though he has side adjusters, the suspenders do help keep them up and suspenders are an optional choice
5. Those green dress trousers are part slim, not tapered to suffocation
6. You only gave me a picture of a big guy wearing jeans not dress trousers or chinos
7. It doesn’t matter about which pair of trousers you wear, we’re not talking about fabric either, low rise trousers (dress, chinos, jeans, etc…) they car all cut the same because a low rise puts stress on the waist and puts pressure on the gentleman’s area
8. Low rise also pushes out the gut because low rise sits below the gut and at the waist
View attachment 1671473
Talk about addressing people with lack of respect. Please extend me the same courtesy as you obviously expect from others.
Nothing you stated contradicts anything I wrote. I suggest you read post #48.
I‘m just saying there is a huge market for low rise trousers. You prefer high rise? More power to you. However you’re not the only inhabitant of this planet. We don’t all share the same build. Preferences and needs differ. It’s your prerogative never to wear a low rise pair of trousers again. Burn all you’ve got for all I care. Want to go crotchless to alleviate pressure on your junk? Be my guest. Just stop with the generalizations. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let live.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To clarify.
An obese person wears a slimmer size pair of low rise trousers, than he would a high rise pair. That’s because the abdomen is in the way. In the former, size is determined by the circumference of the pelvis, whereas in the later by the circumference of the abdomen. Besides that, obese people can pull of low rise trousers without the assistance of a belt or suspenders, which can’t be pulled of when wearing a high rise design. Not to mention size preference and it’s psychological impact on consumerism.

you must make your living as a sales associate at a men’s clothing store. Only then could I understand this logic.

TheSartorialPunjabi

Reaction score
Talk about addressing people with lack of respect. Please extend me the same courtesy as you obviously expect from others.
Nothing you stated contradicts anything I said. I suggest you read post #48.
I did read it, it makes no sense, and your argument, well it definitely would not hold up in a court of law. Also I’m from NY, so I showed you respect in the beginning, but you keep making a terrible argument and I have to stand by what I believe in. Have a great day!

Goofy

Reaction score
I did read it, it makes no sense, and your argument, well it definitely would not hold up in a court of law. Also I’m from NY, so I showed you respect in the beginning, but you keep making a terrible argument and I have to stand by what I believe in. Have a great day!
Let me get this straight. By first not taking my post seriously and subsequently calling me blind and now insulting me personally you’ve showed me plenty of respect right?

May I suggest a course in reading comprehension.

TheSartorialPunjabi

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. By first not taking my post seriously and subsequently calling me blind and now insulting me personally you’ve showed me plenty of respect right?

May I suggest a course in reading comprehension.
If I offended you, I apologize. Also I have a masters degree and I’m working on getting my professional license as a CPA so I don’t really need a course in reading comprehension, but if you look at #48 you’re trying way to hard to make an argument. I did take you’re post serious and you don’t really understand menswear.

Goofy

Reaction score
If I offended you, I apologize. Also I have a masters degree and I’m working on getting my professional license as a CPA so I don’t really need a course in reading comprehension, but if you look at #48 you’re trying way to hard to make an argument. I did take you’re post serious and you don’t really understand menswear.
Thank you for educating me and good luck getting your CPA license.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I have little sympathy for posters who make assertions based on limited
information. Five minutes on the internet would have revealed that his claim
is incorrect.
You’re a bozo “comrade” for taking this topic that seriously. You must be a hit at parties.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads