• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for All Projects)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rota Pre-Orders FW20

As usual, these are NOT MTM orders, simply pre-orders. So no special requests, alterations or modifications. You can order any size between Eu 42 and Eu 60, including odd sizes (e.g. 51 or 47).

Please make sure to go through the Cart page first before checking out, as this is where the Gift Message field is to enter your picks.

Micropatterned_wool_1.JPG
An exciting newcomer this year, and selected specifically for those of you who live in more moderate climates and find our winter fabrics a bit heavy, I found these beautiful micro-patterned wools that are only 270g, available in 5 colors - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Wool_flannel_2.JPG
We have our trusted VBC flannels in 7 colors - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Patterned_flannel_1.JPG
Some exciting patterned flannels - houndstooth and herringbones, including a glenplaid colorway - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Crisp_fourply_wool_1.JPG
Our premium crisp 4-ply wool (ultimate travel pants) in 4 colors - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Cavalry_twill_2.JPG
Wool cavalry twills in more colors than ever - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Cotton_moleskine_1.JPG
Moleskin, baby. higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Brushed_cotton_twill_2.JPG
Workhorse cotton twill - we added a white option this year higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Fine_corduroy_1.JPG
Heavy_corduroy_2.JPG
Wide_corduroy_1.JPG
Corduroy trousers: offering a lot more options this year, all from Brisbane Moss (England): finer wale, medium wale (gorgeous colors... that rust!) and a more casual ultra-wide wale that looked really neat in person. Also available in higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

Garment-dyed_corduroy.JPG
And the more casual and really great looking garment-dyed corduroy trousers.

A quick look at all options is at http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html

Apply code PREORDER15 at the checkout page
for your pre-order discount!

Pre-order deadline: Feb 17 @ midnight ET
Delivery: Sep-Oct 2020

Attachments

• Wool_flannel_2.JPG
    Wool_flannel_2.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Herringbone_1.JPG
    Herringbone_1.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Crisp_fourply_wool_1.JPG
    Crisp_fourply_wool_1.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Micropatterned_wool_1.JPG
    Micropatterned_wool_1.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Cavalry_twill_2.JPG
    Cavalry_twill_2.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 33
  • Cotton_moleskine_1.JPG
    Cotton_moleskine_1.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Brushed_cotton_twill_2.JPG
    Brushed_cotton_twill_2.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 35
  • Herringbone_2.JPG
    Herringbone_2.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 29

abkain

Reaction score
Rota Pre-Orders FW20

As usual, these are NOT MTM orders, simply pre-orders. So no special requests, alterations or modifications. You can order any size between Eu 42 and Eu 60, including odd sizes (e.g. 51 or 47).

Please make sure to go through the Cart page first before checking out, as this is where the Gift Message field is to enter your picks.

View attachment 1335995
An exciting newcomer this year, and selected specifically for those of you who live in more moderate climates and find our winter fabrics a bit heavy, I found these beautiful micro-patterned wools that are only 270g, available in 5 colors - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335998
We have our trusted VBC flannels in 7 colors - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335996
Some exciting patterned flannels - houndstooth and herringbones, including a glenplaid colorway - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335990
Our premium crisp 4-ply wool (ultimate travel pants) in 4 colors - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335988
Wool cavalry twills in more colors than ever - higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335989
Moleskin, baby. higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335987
Workhorse cotton twill - we added a white option this year higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335991
View attachment 1335993
View attachment 1335997
Corduroy trousers: offering a lot more options this year, all from Brisbane Moss (England): finer wale, medium wale (gorgeous colors... that rust!) and a more casual ultra-wide wale that looked really neat in person. Also available in higher-rise w side tabs or medium-rise w loops

View attachment 1335992
And the more casual and really great looking garment-dyed corduroy trousers.

A quick look at all options is at http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/pre-orders.html

Apply code PREORDER15 at the checkout page
for your pre-order discount!

Pre-order deadline: Feb 17 @ midnight ET
Delivery: Sep-Oct 2020
Sorry if this info is located elsewhere but what are the measurements for the med rise trousers (specifically the rise measurements)? Thanks!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this info is located elsewhere but what are the measurements for the med rise trousers (specifically the rise measurements)? Thanks!
Pick any of the belt loops Rota on our Rota page and it should have measurements

abkain

Reaction score
Pick any of the belt loops Rota on our Rota page and it should have measurements
Thanks Greg. So, am I correct that a 54 in the med rise/belt looped trousers would have a 9.8" rise? I was under the impression that medium rise would generally start at around 10.1" or higher for a size 54 (but could be wrong).

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’ve never tried the cut and size, I would absolutely stay away from preorders. Preorders are not the right moment to figure out one’s size

abkain

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of Rota
If you’ve never tried the cut and size, I would absolutely stay away from preorders. Preorders are not the right moment to figure out one’s size
I have three pairs of Rota’s that I have purchased from NMWA and there is some variation amongst them so I was hoping to figure out if the cut is similar to the flannels I bought a couple years ago or the cotton ones from last year that seem to have a lower rise. I’ll just measure my flannels and see if it matches the posted size. Thanks

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok understood. ALL the Rota in medium rise are cut on the same pattern. The only time the fit is different is if the trousers are garment-dyed or washed (like some of the cotton and cotton/linen styles). Everything else is cut on the same pattern so take the same size. Like every garment, there are minor variations (called variance) between pieces.

abkain

Reaction score
Ok understood. ALL the Rota in medium rise are cut on the same pattern. The only time the fit is different is if the trousers are garment-dyed or washed (like some of the cotton and cotton/linen styles). Everything else is cut on the same pattern so take the same size. Like every garment, there are minor variations (called variance) between pieces.

Ah got it - thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Closing Heschung, Inis Meain and Rota pre-orders - need to send them today.

Get your order in ASAP if you haven't yet.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Kaptain Sunshine Fall / Winter 2020 Traveler coat

BY POPULAR DEMAND, we're running a pre-order for the fall/winter 2020 Traveler Coat from Kaptain Sunshine in all four fabrics that they're offering. The Traveler Coat has been a customer and staff favorite for a few years now, as it's a unique take on the Balmacaan or raglan overcoat shape specifically because the oversized silhouette combines with the relatively stiff and sturdy (though soft to the touch) wools that they use to give it a very sculptural shape that drapes in a unique way unlike any other coats we've seen.

For sizing, I recommend true to size although if you don't need the sleeve length a lot of people can comfortable go down one. This will be an oversized silhouette no matter what, so keep that in mind when looking at the measurements.

As always, we're doing 50% now with 50% due upon delivery in October, and be sure to use code PREORDER15 for your pre-order discount. We're keeping these open until the end of the week.

The first options are two solids: Smokey Green and Navy Blue

1582065457933.png

272c9f0d-5624-41e5-81d4-4eae3bc0251a.jpg

The other two options are a British wool and comes in grey Glenplaid or brown Glenplaid.

85c79c6d-93ba-4563-8d3e-4a604fa8960b.jpg

13048087-dc30-40e2-895b-96a1912c31cd.jpg

1582065546842.png

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
NORWEGIAN RAIN PRE-ORDERS

At long last, we're happy to put up our Norwegian Rain pre-orders, and this is a special one because they have opened up their fabric archives just for us. What this means is an abundance of choices, with some of them extremely limited. Because of this, there is a video where Greg flips through the swatches, and you can see the face of the swatch at the top, and then the name on the white sticker once he flips it over.

We're of course offering everyone's favorite Moscow, Bumfreezer (also a NMWA exclusive now) and Single Breasted, but I'm going to start with two new styles.

If you want to get right to it, all of the pre-orders are here but I will walk through them below and in the next few posts.

The first is called the Nesta Falck, and is a really cool design that is a lot more casual than what we typically see from them. It's got these great patch pockets on the front and has a fixed hood that actually rolls up into the collar when you want to put it away. Overall, just a nice casual design that isn't too long or too short. Weight-wise it's comparable to the single breasted, and does not have the quilted arctic lining.

For sizing reference, in these photographs I'm wearing a size M and I am typically a US Small, although I wear an M in the Single Breasted and Bumfreezer.

1582239777766.png

Seen here in black oversized herringbone

1582239916598.png

Seen here in green hopsack

1582240015612.png

Seen here on Greg (still size M, which is a size small for him) in their new camo hopsack.

Nesta Falck in mixed fabrics

Nesta Falck in hopsack fabrics

Nesta Falck in herringbone fabrics

The next new style is really, really special. I'm calling it a proof of concept gone right but I think that's doing them a disservice as a lot of thought and design went into it, but the best way I can describe it is as a waterproof leather Bumfreezer. It's called the Aviator Hybrid and is made up in a specially bonded leather from their partnership with ECCO. It has a very unique, almost waxy hand to it but it lends itself really well to that Bumfreezer design, and looks perfect with the shearling collar. This one is warm like the Bumfreezer too, with the wool fiber fill lining and removable hood and everything.

When Greg told me about this one I wasn't sure what to think, but as soon as I saw it in the showroom and then tried it on I realized they had come up with something very cool even if my expression in these photos belies that.

1582240456420.png

Seen here on me in a size M, which is what I wear in the Bumfreezer and what I would want in this.

It's also offered in a black version of this leather, but I don't have photos of it so we will have to use our imagination.

Pre-order here.

Now we can move onto the classics.

First off is the Moscow, the monster of a coat that has gotten me through a lot of those miserable days where the temperature is in the teens but you still have to be out and about. I think we all have a Moscow story like that, and this thread is full of pictures of them covered in snow as well. Just a great design that manages to look good with everything and keep you warm while doing it.

Sizing is true to size, and I wear a small in this one.

1582240989831.png

Moscow in mixed fabrics

Moscow in hopsack fabrics

Moscow in herringbone fabrics

The other winter-weight coat is the Bumfreezer, which for a few seasons now has been a No Man exclusive. Named so because it cuts off at the waist but is plenty warm above, it's a good looking coat that I think makes great use of the way Norwegian Rains fabrics don't look like technical fabrics. Made up in just about anything, it looks more like a handsome shearling trimmed bomber jacket than something that can hold up to the elements as well as it does.

Sizing is slim and small, and I recommend ordering one larger than your typical US size.

1582241230607.png

Bumfreezer in mixed fabrics

Bumfreezer in hopsack fabrics

Bumfreezer in herringbone fabrics

Lastly, we have the coat that started our love for Norwegian Rain - the Single Breasted. Tailored but technical, it's a sharp coat that is incredibly well thought out from top to bottom. This looks just as good with jeans and a sweatshirt as it does over a flannel suit, and we've stocked it and restocked it every season for a reason.

This one fits slim and small, and I recommend ordering one size larger than your typical size for a regular slim fit, but it's also safe to go up two if you plan to wear it over a lot of layers or tailored clothing. Because of the design, it will still look sharp and tailored even sized up two.

1582241515197.png

Single Breasted in mixed fabrics

Single Breasted in hopsack fabrics

Single Breasted in herringbone fabrics

As usual, these are pre-orders for delivery in September-October 2020, with 50% due now and 50% due upon receipt in the fall. Be sure to use code PREORDER15 for your pre-order discount!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G. Inglese FW20 Pre-Orders

1. Buttoned collar shirts

kurabo-pixel.jpg

Japanese "donegal" denim

denim_indigo.jpg

Japanese rinsed (A) or washed (B) denim

a4100_saved_397_b.jpg

Thomas Mason "bottonato" (donegal-ish) cotton

wonder.jpg

Tattersall/plaid twill cotton

2. Camp collar long sleeve shirts

inglese_camp_collar_1.jpg

grezzo_twill.jpg

Thomas Mason western plaid cotton

flamingo.jpg

Bonfanti retro stripe

3. Shirt jackets

sahariana.jpg

costa_francese.jpg

Sahariana safari jacket in irregular wale cotton corduroy

giubbottino_1_1.jpg

marticard.jpg

New style: "Giubbottino" shirt jacket in herringbone linen jacketing

sestriere.jpg

"Giubbottino" shirt jacket in soft cotton flannel twill

giubbottino_2.jpg

"Giubbottino" shirt jacket in Bottoli wool

Pre-order discount: PREORDER15 for 15% off
Pre-order deadline: March 1st at midnight

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valstar FW20 Pre-Orders

1. Clint

The Clint jacket is back (just for NoMan again this season), and this time we convinced Valstar to offer it in black cow suede as well (a jacket we've been dreaming about and discussing the idea with @dieworkwear).

We have a fairly high minimum order requirement, so it's hard to say if either will get made - it really depends on you guys. We can only order a certain number for the rack. We will order both for the rack so there's always that added incentive of being able to exchange size if needed. That said, I think sizing for Clint is both straightforward and forgicing.

407a.f105.jpg

"Clint" Western jacket with corduroy lining, Brown cow suede

clint_jacket_raw.suede_black.jpg

"Clint" Western jacket with corduroy lining, Black cow suede

2. Valstarinos

valstarino_1.jpg

Lined suede Valstarino jacket

407a.b010-v0031_copia.jpg

Harris Tweed Valstarino jacket (green)

407a.b011_v0031.jpg

Abraham Moon Tweed Valstarino jacket

407a.b014_v0031.jpg

Vitale Barberis Canonico flannel Valstarino jacket (grey or navy)

3. Zipped jacket

407a.d014_v0031.jpg

407a.d014_v0032.jpg

Vitale Barberis Canonico flannel zipped bomber jacket

4. Milano coat

Very reminiscent of the amazing maxi-houndstooth coat from Camoshita last year ('sup @beepbop), this looks amazing in person.

milano_coat_2.jpg

Milano overcoat in grey and black large houndstooth virgin wool

5. Shearling

Pure luxury - two shapes in nappa finish sheepskin shearling.

407a.f172_v0037.jpg

Nappa shearling flight jacket

407a.f173_v0038.jpg

Nappa shearling peacoat

Pre-order discount: PREORDER15 for 15% off
Pre-order deadline: March 1st at midnight

Last edited:

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Do you have any size charts for the Nesta Falck?

I really like the camo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads