• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for All Projects)

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
greg,

are we sneaking in under the current pricing? its not a huge #, but curious. 20% is a big jump

885867-936fe8050487761481de9a01284bf47c.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think so - I was given a quote last week for the custom run and that's what I'm using for the pricing here. I'm planning on sending the cloth order (for cut lengths and for the jackets) in the next few days, so def before January.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Are the Scye moleskin jeans meant to have a semi-cropped look? I realize we’re all shaped differently and what seems like the perfect cut for me will seem goofy for others, but the inseams seem very short for the corresponding waist sizes. Or am I just missing something?

mypants

Reaction score
I’m in for 2.5 meters of the fabric at the wire... thanks for arranging this.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last call for this

Special Run Fox Brothers green & brown glencheck merino fabric -- Cut lengths

We worked with Fox Brothers to re-run the amazing deadstock green/brown glencheck fabric that we used for a short series of sport coats made by Sartoria Formosa this fall (all long sold out).

The good folks at Fox came up with a fabric that is almost exactly the same as the vintage one (using currently available yarns) and strengthened very slightly the contrast of some of the lines to keep a nice balance.

We're including pictures of the fabric swatch against the original fabric so everyone can appreciate and compare, especially those who have seen it in person and want to understand the differences.

The hand is lovely (merino wool yarns) and the weight isn't too heavy (12 oz) so it can work 3 seasons in many climates

View attachment 883617
View attachment 883615
View attachment 883616

We're taking pre-orders for cut lengths and also for MTO sport coats

The link for fabric pre-order is
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...n-brown-glencheck-merino-jacketing-cloth.html

Sold for $120 / meter in 1/2 meter increments (you may need to add multiple times to your cart). Code PREORDER for 20% off

PRE-ORDER DEADLINE: 12/7 @ Midnight ET

Special Run Fox Brothers green & brown glencheck -- Sartoria Formosa sport coat

MTO orders for sport coats are for standard sizes, including sizes we do not carry (e.g. 48L or 54S). This is not MTM so, no changes in measurements or details.

They will be made just like the ones we sold this past fall. Same details all around. Same price too. PREORDER15 gets 15% off for pre-order customers
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...n-green-brown-glencheck-sport-coat-12-oz.html

I'm including a fit picture by @stylejournaldaily on Instagram because (a) he sports it well, and (b) his feed is awesome so I would encourage you to check it out and follow

Note that this fabric is very hard to photograph and the shade shifts a lot from greener to browner depending on the light (white light gives it a greener tinge and yellow light a browner feel).

View attachment 883625 View attachment 883626 View attachment 883627 View attachment 883623
View attachment 883624
View attachment 883622

View attachment 883628

PRE-ORDER DEADLINE: 12/7 @ Midnight ET

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get it on this, guys. Mine is still one of my favorite SCs.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted, a quick scan back didn't help.

Any rough idea how the G. INGLESE orders from August are tracking?

Thank you!

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Stephan Schneider AW18: PARTING
As promised, a very special set of pre-orders from Stephan Schneider. This season's theme was hair or rather more specifically, wigs. Presented alongside an installation comprised of over a dozen mannequins, each completely wrapped in knitwear before being outfitted with the garments and identical black wigs, the collection brought a more subdued color palate than previous seasons, with again a focus on textures and more hidden details and just about all color coming from two very bold plaids. More specifically, there were two overarching themes: knit linings (think: Merino / Memory / Conservation coat style) and a really unique faux fur that was made up of bunches of black, blue, and green hairs.

Our pre-order selection focuses specifically on these pieces, and I'll go through each one below.

BEFORE WE BEGIN:
  • These pre-orders are for the FW18 collection, with delivery expected around September 2018.
  • 50% is due now, with 50% due upon arrival.
  • The PREORDER code will get you 15% off
  • Pre-orders are considered final sale, but I am happy to help with any sizing advice.

Now onto the styles. All pre-order links are below with their respective styles, but you can see them all here as well.

COAT FAKE

This is the classic Schneider hoodcoat, with a few notable changes. The lining is still permanently attached, but it now extends further down for extra warmth. The front closure is now a zipper, and while the hip pockets have flaps, they're still side entry for maximum slouch.

Available in 3 makeups:

A super-soft wool twill in this sort of camel color. This is the high-contrast option with a charcoal lining and is quite unlike any other version of this style coat that we've offered so far.

The second option is a charcoal, brown, and blue check wool. Schneider always has good taste in plaids, and this is one of the tamer versions he's done. It makes for a very handsome coat!

The third and final option is not made up in this style, but is this awesome green color heavy wool, with a nicely complementary charcoal knit lining. You can see how the combo will look below:

COAT WEAVE

This is a particularly special version of a mid-length coat, with a pared-down design that lets the fabrics (and that lining!) shine through. With half-raglan sleeves and a roomy body, it wears very comfortably but maintains a pretty tailored shape.

The first option is a beautiful blue wool with a hopsack-like texture, which is finished off with that faux-fur lining I was talking about.

The second version is the one we see on the model, and is this bold but attractive plaid. Highly recommended.

The third option is another plaid, a little brighter with a white or off-white base to it. This differs in that it is a double-faced wool with a larger, dark blue and brown plaid on the other side so Stephan skips the faux-fur lining and lets the fabric do double-duty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads