• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

no love for ferragamo?

effang

Reaction score
Any reason why ferragamo is rarely, if ever, mentioned in any discussions on these boards? I have been quite fond of my ferragamo purchases, but am curious...is there something that i'm not aware of regarding the brand?

i've always put it up there with the rest of the "big" italian labels (gucci, prada, etc.), but...what do i know, i'm still new!

thanks

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by effang
Any reason why ferragamo is rarely, if ever, mentioned in any discussions on these boards? I have been quite fond of my ferragamo purchases, but am curious...is there something that i'm not aware of regarding the brand?

i've always put it up there with the rest of the "big" italian labels (gucci, prada, etc.), but...what do i know, i'm still new!

thanks

I don't see gucci or prada getting much love here, but I think a lot of people like the SF Tramezzas. It's a different price point than EG or G&G though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do a search on "Tramezza", you will see that many people are quite fond of that line and actually consider them some of the best value high-end shoes out there

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by effang

thanks

i dont think youve read enough. there's tons of ferragamo talk here in regards to shoes however only. maybe sometimes their ties but once in a blue moon. perhaps in buying and selling.

but yes, like mentioned above, the particular line of much talk is the Tramezza line. that is about it. but TONS of talk about them here. just search tramezza. over several pages of dialogue

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
Tramezzas are fantastic, but I think the Lavorizione Originale line is among the very best shoe deals on the planet - high quality, gorgeously styled footwear that's actually quite affordable.

There's something approaching a fetish for goodyear welting on these forums, one that's almost unreasonably fervent. For myself, I've never noticed any difference in any respect compared to my Blake stitched shoes. I've had both constructions re-soled once each (an AE/goodyear and, in fact, a Ferragamo Blake), and both came out wonderfully and for the same cost.

But I would disagree with the OP's observation - Ferragamos get plenty of love around here, and deservedly so.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, plenty of ferragamo shoe love.

Their belts are OK too. Their silk scarves and ties are a bit "Hermes-lite" but the scarves especially are very nice indeed.

Their clothing is ridiculously overpriced for the quality, which probably explains the lack of conversation. Made by Lardini last time I checked, but priced about two levels higher.

Syl

Reaction score
I own 2 pairs of their shoes and think they are an excellent brand. Mind you, I've never paid full-price for them so that helps
bigstar[1].gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Tramezzas but the mainline is not worth the $ imo. It's not really about goodyear welts but rather low quality leather, sometimes even corrected grain, and generally poorly finished construction. That said, I recently got a pair of mainline SF suede driving mocs and they are fine for this type of shoe at < $150.

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I love my Tramezzas but the mainline is not worth the $ imo. It's not really about goodyear welts but rather low quality leather, sometimes even corrected grain, and generally poorly finished construction. That said, I recently got a pair of mainline SF suede driving mocs and they are fine for this type of shoe at < $150.
I think you must be referring to the "STUDIO" line, which is markedly inferior and - unfortunately for the unwary shopper - usually priced about the same as the (much superior) Lavorazione Originale "mid" line.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ricardo Malocchio
I think you must be referring to the "STUDIO" line, which is markedly inferior and - unfortunately for the unwary shopper - usually priced about the same as the (much superior) Lavorazione Originale "mid" line.

No, I know the studio line is no better than Kenneth Cole. I am referring to the mainline Lavorazione Originale, which is indeed much better than Studio but still not worth the $400 or so they charge for it. I have no problem with blake-stitching but many of the leathers are too plasticky with fake antiquing. The lasts are not particularly elegant and the finishing is so-so. For the price, I like the casual suede loafer I bought but I wouldn't buy the laceups. I think SF has a prestige name and they are banking on it to sell shoes at a premium that they don't warrant.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've liked all my feragamo purchases with the exception of a wallet i bought from them. The inside of the wallet started to leave a black, nasty film on my cards. They did not correct the problem when I brought it back to the store.

I have a card case from the same line, that did not have that problem. Probably the pressure of me sitting on the wallet for a few years. The outside of the wallet stayed very durable though.

The shoes have been great though.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have had at least a couple pairs of Ferragamo over the years. They were nice shoes. I don't tend to buy the brand now, but I always take a look at the collection when I see it in stores.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yeah, plenty of ferragamo shoe love.

Their belts are OK too. Their silk scarves and ties are a bit "Hermes-lite" but the scarves especially are very nice indeed.

They do have some nice silk patterns. My girlfriend's favorite purse is a Ferragamo Fiera, which has a handsome leopard print on a tan background. I'm indifferent to most purses, but I like that one.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
I bought 4 pairs of Tramezzas in the last 2 months. Great shoes if you can get them at a discounted price, I paid at least 40% off on mine and even one at 70% off.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I love mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads