• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No longer obsessed with this watch?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently, I have found a new apprciation for navy (after five years in the Air Force almost ruined it for me).

In addition, I am into vintage Patek Philippie and JLC watches--I'm not an Omega/Rolex guy.

However, I saw an ad for the new Omega Hour Vision Blue "Orbis" edition and I think I am in love. It helps that some of the proceeds are being donated to Orbis:

http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/orbis

Here are some ripped pictures that I found on some other forums.

Any comments or thoughts?

hour_vision_blue_Omega_2.jpg

OmegaATBlue02Acopy.jpg

97dad269.jpg

_DSC3425.jpg

lenahan

Reaction score
That is a beautiful watch. Simply, elegant, swiss made, from one of the best swiss watchmakers. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

xudisco07

Reaction score
There is something about it that seems off to me.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a gorgeous watch to me. If you want it, and are able to get it, then do so without hesitation. I would.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lenahan
That is a beautiful watch. Simply, elegant, swiss made, from one of the best swiss watchmakers. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

What? No it is not made by one of the best swiss watchmakers. It is made by a serial production Swatch brand that makes passable sports watches and some dress watches. I would not usually wear an Omega.

My favorite swiss watch makers are:

Patek Philippe
Jaeger LeCoultre
Vacheron Constantin

In that order.

Others may have their favorites, but Omega is not even in the top 15 Swiss watch makers.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
What? No it is not made by one of the best swiss watchmakers. It is made by a serial production Swatch brand that makes passable sports watches and some dress watches. I would not usually wear an Omega.

My favorite swiss watch makers are:

Patek Philippe
Jaeger LeCoultre
Vacheron Constantin

In that order.

Others may have their favorites, but Omega is not even in the top 15 Swiss watch makers.

rolleyes.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
with a name like patek, that watch is firmly beneath your nomenclature

lol8[1].gif

True, my girlfriend would be like "WTF is wrong with you, I thought you liked PP and JLC?"

This is why I need someone to talk some sense into me.

Now that I think about it, when would I ever wear it so the group therapy may have worked.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly you like it. Clearly you want it. Then get it. Just spare us the high and mighty silliness. If you want, get it. So it's an Omega. So it's not the greatest watch in the world. Does that honestly matter? Get a hold of yourself, man.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Clearly you like it. Clearly you want it. Then get it. Just spare us the high and mighty silliness. If you want, get it. So it's an Omega. So it's not the greatest watch in the world. Does that honestly matter? Get a hold of yourself, man.

Really?

I was debating if I wanted it. It caught my eye for some reason. Am I the first one to post on this forum about something that I was thinking about buying?

How many "Should I buy these shoes/suit/bag..." threads are there? I was thinking of buying this watch and I was looking for opinions. I know it is not a great watch--it is essentually the AE of watches. I don't own any AE, but one day I may find a pair interesting and when I do I'll post them here.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Do you own Pateks and Vacherons? If so, this watch is likely not an issue of can you, more than a should you. So just do it.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Do you own Pateks and Vacherons? If so, this watch is likely not an issue of can you, more than a should you. So just do it.

I have a vintage Patek and a JLC.

However, I also wear a Tag when playing with the dogs or working on the racecar, so I'm not a total snob.

I think I have convinced myself to not get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads