• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No, gym? No problem.... Uganda style

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This picture was posted on rosstraining.com - rural Ugandans getting jacked with homemade gym equipment made of concrete, rocks, etc.
worship.gif

Amazing.... makes me feel more and more ashamed of fat Western dipshits..
ffffuuuu.gif

1.jpg

I think the original article was from Men's Fitness magazine - I'll try to find it in the public library and get more details.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Rural Ugandan Rock Training to jump the shark, leading to a Men's Health spread and a 100% increase in shirtless douchebags smugly repping bags of dirt.

Serious though, this is pretty cool. Nice juxtaposition to stuff like this.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
I'm waiting for Rural Ugandan Rock Training to jump the shark, leading to a Men's Health spread and a 100% increase in shirtless douchebags smugly repping bags of dirt.

laugh.gif

URALLMORONS

Reaction score

Serious though, this is pretty cool. Nice juxtaposition to stuff like this.

This is like the precursor to the 300 workout.

CCAurora

Reaction score
Anyone see that Tim Tebow special on ESPN? Dude busted his ass hacking down dead trees on the family farm and followed it up by pushing an Escalade up and down the street.

Also made me think of Brock Lesnar jogging down country roads with a huge tree trunk on his shoulders.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CCAurora
Anyone see that Tim Tebow special on ESPN? Dude busted his ass hacking down dead trees on the family farm and followed it up by pushing an Escalade up and down the street. Also made me think of Brock Lesnar jogging down country roads with a huge tree trunk on his shoulders.
Yeah.... reminds me of the stories of Alexander Karelin, the legendary Russian Greco-Roman wrestler running through thigh-deep snowdrifts in Siberia with a log on his shoulders. I remember seeing a video of this in the eighties. I'm guessing Brock got this from Karelin. Just goes to show that what matters is heart, not fancy equipment and ****.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Just goes to show that what matters is heart, not fancy equipment and ****.

And a genetic pre-disposition to build muscle. I can't say I've seen many native African people that can't bulk up easily.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but I was focusing more on the desire to not let poverty or the lack of facilities get in the way. Where there is a will, there is a way. Contrast that with the obese F***ers here in the West who can't be bothered to get in shape.. it is disgusting.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It'll be like this, but with possibly rocks several times bigger:

petrock.jpg

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
What do they do for protein? This **** is funny. Bet the supplement game is previous level there.

**** loads of goat meat and milk would be my guess. That's how farmers roll.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has a lot to do with genetics.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
This is what I don't have. The Azn genes.
ffffuuuu.gif

+1

I'm nearly able to over head press my body weight seated and I'm still just lean and veiny. I doubt with my genetics I'll ever get passed 170.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads