• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No drinking week

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone want to join?

my last drink was a beer on Sat night around 9pm or so.

this is gonna be difficult...

-Jeff

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did this for a month last year just to make sure I could. It's not difficult (I'm assuming that you drink a lot, a lot being at least a few drinks a day) but you realize it's just not much fun

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm in until Saturday. But then I will drink again.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
I did this for a month last year just to make sure I could. It's not difficult (I'm assuming that you drink a lot, a lot being at least a few drinks a day) but you realize it's just not much fun

yeah, the plan is if i can go the week, to try and make thanksgiving. i figure baby steps. thanksgiving weekend though will be nearly impossible not to imbibe.

-Jeff

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not ramadan is it? What's up with all these abstinence threads

haiguise

Reaction score
what? why?

shanker

Reaction score
No drinks since 10/29.

Going to try getting through the rest of the year w/o a drink. Havent NOT drank on xmas/new years since I was 16 (about 10 yrs.). I love a challenge especially since I tend to drink 2-3 days per week.

Mind over matter.
fight[1].gif

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had two drinks today, I might make it a week after today....actually I'm not even going to try.

imschatz

Reaction score
Damn .. chased a bad exam grade with a shot of Jameson and 2 pints. Maybe next week.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have enough trouble with no drinking day.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am in by default as I had my wisdom teeth out on friday morning and have to wait till the stiches are out this upcoming friday.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Am in by default as I had my wisdom teeth out on friday morning and have to wait till the stiches are out this upcoming friday.
That sucks dude. Hope you don't get dry sockets
frown.gif
. I can feel my wisdom teeth beginning to teeth and will get them out as soon as I get my health insurance.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That sucks dude. Hope you don't get dry sockets
frown.gif
. I can feel my wisdom teeth beginning to teeth and will get them out as soon as I get my health insurance.

Thanks. The actual getting them out was fine but I had to basically lie in bed and drink soup all weekend which ******* sucked.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I drank 12 hrs ago but I could probably go (with much resistance) til Friday or Saturday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads