• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nizoral shampoo

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it just me or is it hard as hell to find Nizoral on stores shelves these days? I swear I haven't seen one in months.
I went into a Walgreens the other day and they had a note where the Nizoral would have been on the shelf that read they were out of stock like most other retailers and that they wouldn't be able to get another shipment until early next year.

There were a bunch on clearance at Target and then they stopped carrying it. You can get 2% solution (twice as strong as the over the counter stuff) on the Internet.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it just me or is it hard as hell to find Nizoral on stores shelves these days? I swear I haven't seen one in months.
I went into a Walgreens the other day and they had a note where the Nizoral would have been on the shelf that read they were out of stock like most other retailers and that they wouldn't be able to get another shipment until early next year.

I had to buy it on amazon and have it shipped all the way from the UK.

Thanks again for the tips guys.

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lack of Nizoral is due to a manufacturing issue and is temporary.

SnarlPatrick

Reaction score
I have it prescribed for dandruff. It works absolute miracles. Can't speak to the hair thickening, but if you have any scalp dryness, this stuff will knock it out.

Chace

Reaction score
If you are using Nizoral as part of an anti-hairloss routine to scrub out DHT, the general consensus seems to be using it every three days. In between you can use another quality shampoo and conditioner, such as Jason Thin-To-Thick.

Bilzario

Reaction score

If you are using Nizoral as part of an anti-hairloss routine to scrub out DHT, the general consensus seems to be using it every three days. In between you can use another quality shampoo and conditioner, such as Jason Thin-To-Thick.

Funny this thread was resurrected.

Many years ago, I had severe dandruff. It's true--Nizoral is a miracle cure. But that was when I had lots and lots of hair.

Over the past few years, I am severely thinning. But on the + side, I have no dandruff at all.
I use American Crew normal shampoo. It continues to thin.

exactly a month ago, I got Nizoral 2%, and started using it every 3 days to try and stop the thinning. So far, no results. DO I have to wait longer, or do I conclude it's not working?

Also--I am the opposite of eveyrone else, I guess. Many years ago and still now, Nizoral does not dry my hair out. It leaves it incredibly shiny and soft! I guess we are all different. Shiny and soft but still balding :(

Last edited:

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Bilzario - It can take 6 months or longer to see any effect. If you really want to treat your condition, use Propecia and Minoxydil in addition to the Nizoral.

Bilzario

Reaction score

@Bilzario - It can take 6 months or longer to see any effect. If you really want to treat your condition, use Propecia and Minoxydil in addition to the Nizoral.

I am scared to start with Minoxydil (Rogaine, at least) because of the dire warning that if you start, you can't stop. Apparently if you stop, it'll all fall out in one fell sweep(?) Also, isn't Rogaine meant to have all sorts of blood pressure side effects?
What's propecia?

Last edited:

zatarregaza

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead again, but...

I just had to order a few bottles of Nizoral off drugstore.com. They were the only place online that had them at a decent price. I checked every brick and mortar store in Dallas and no one has any. Why is it around this time of the year that Nizoral can't be found?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads