• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nissan dealer wont let me test drive GT-R?

junior varsity

Reaction score
So, I'm in the game for a new ride on top of my m5...

So, i'm going back and fourth in my mind about GT-R, Porsche 911, M6, etc...

My friend works at the Nissan dealer and I hit her up was like... yo, can you set up a test drive for me for that preowned GTR??
She goes - exact words - "Gunmetal One? Manager will take you for test drive - customer's won't."
I'm like... :facepalm:

This is after I had test drove several porsches and an M6 - (all with ridiculous price tags, and all more expensive than the GTR

How come japanese dealers all think their cars are like made of gold or some ****?
Like, I walk into Porsche and was like ... I wanna check out your ____, and they are like aight we'll pull it right up :nodding:

I bet I can go test drive a Murcielago before they let me drive a Nissan :laugh:

junior varsity

Reaction score
Last edited:

KurtS90

Reaction score
The two worse dealers around me are Volvo and Ford... The Ford acts like the Boss, Cobra, and Raptor is gold. Volvo wants you to fill out paper work just for a test drive with a copy of your insurance, I have never had a dealer ask for that even at Porsche. Porsche on the other hand would not even service me in gym clothes. I came back the next day in blue jeans, silk camp shirt, casual leather shoes, ray bans, and my Omega watch. I had all kinds of service...

When I bought my mint 98 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... I drove an ATV to the Chevy dealer, wearing gym shorts, ripped up shirt, and flip flops. I pulled up and they had just opened, said I am interested in the Trans Am. Sales guy said just a sec and he came back with tag and plate. Told me to take it for a spin, have fun... I came back with cash and bought it. Came to find out, the manager recognized me, when I was with my stepfather who purchase two vehicles within 3 years from them. But that was a small hick town, someone driving around on an ATV is nothing new.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

junior varsity

Reaction score

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The two worse dealers around me are Volvo and Ford... The Ford acts like the Boss, Cobra, and Raptor is gold. Volvo wants you to fill out paper work just for a test drive with a copy of your insurance, I have never had a dealer ask for that even at Porsche. Porsche on the other hand would not even service me in gym clothes. I came back the next day in blue jeans, silk camp shirt, casual leather shoes, ray bans, and my Omega watch. I had all kinds of service...

When I bought my mint 98 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... I drove an ATV to the Chevy dealer, wearing gym shorts, ripped up shirt, and flip flops. I pulled up and they had just opened, said I am interested in the Trans Am. Sales guy said just a sec and he came back with tag and plate. Told me to take it for a spin, have fun... I came back with cash and bought it. Came to find out, the manager recognized me, when I was with my stepfather who purchase two vehicles within 3 years from them. But that was a small hick town, someone driving around on an ATV is nothing new.

The problem here is going out in public in gym clothes. The only time you should do that is if you are going straight home from the gym.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Last edited:

junior varsity

Reaction score

:laugh:
Win.
Btw, JV? I love your semi-gangsta wannabe style of speech. It really completes the mental picture I have of you.

I think thats a carry over hanging out with the home boys from Queens(NY) for a major part of my life?
:laugh:

alexg

Reaction score
Lots of homeboys from Queens on StyleForum for you to impress.

junior varsity

Reaction score

Lots of homeboys from Queens on StyleForum for you to impress.

i thought we grew out of an age where we criticized people for being themselves.......

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I worked at a Nissan dealership, I don't think I'd let you test drive a Sentra.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yo bitches, what's up with these dealers and **** all thinking like they own these cars or something? And those new cars, dealers be all thinking they have to keep them clean and low-mileage and ****? Keeping me from having a joyride and ****. Customers like me we don't care unless we're dropping money on these rides and then they'd better sparkle and have negative miles on the odo. I only roll in a fresh ride.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics