• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nipples showing under interview shirt

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@stylish Dinosaur: I've been a secret admirer of yours for some time, but I think you are not correct on this one. The world is moving fast and there are hiring managers who want to see you in a suit as well as in a shirt. They want to see whether you're not hiding sweat stains under your jacket, and they want to see the casual you. When you're applying for a job in an IT company, for instance, it is smart to show up in a suit, but taking the jacket off after a while actually shows awareness about the environment you will be working in, esp. if the company is agile or a startup. And much depends on the position too.

To the poster: Consider fixing your problem with suspenders, or wear looser shirt.

I understand that in certain situations/sectors, which the OP didn't specify, removing your jacket may be ok.

The OP is talking about removing his jacket while WAITING for others to interview. I can see no reason to do that.

Mercurio

Reaction score
¿Do you use an undershirt? If yes, maybe you can opt to wear a vest under your jacket.

nikolau

Reaction score
I personally wear undershirts from a brand called “Mr.Davis” and I’m happy with them. I don’t wear them for the same reason you might, but I’d suggest wearing a no-show undershirt of your choice (just a deep V and slightly wide around a neck). I imagine bandaids are also a quick fix. A normal white t-shirt that’s extra long and slightly fitted will be fine if you’re wearing a tie.

Oh, and I’d keep your jacket on unless the setting is business casual or the building is over heated, which happens a lot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.