• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nintendo Wii

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's been over a month since the Wii's release, and I still can't find a single god damn console outside of ebay.. I'm going insane.

Is anyone else experiencing a fruitless search?

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed. I'm not looking, but one of my friends is going insane and growing very impatient as he has not been able to cop one yet. I do have three other friends who camped out before release, and have been happily playing ever since. Lesson learned, I guess.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're going to drink water to try to win one, make sure you bring electrolyte tablets.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
If you're going to drink water to try to win one, make sure you bring electrolyte tablets.
lol8[1].gif

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Out of pure luck, I got one about a week or two out after launch... I got a PS3, too, but decided to return it.

Zelda is great, by the way.

savage

Reaction score
Try Craigslist. My friend got one for around 300 - 350 i think.. not bad since the system is 250 + tax.. the rest is sort of a delivery fee.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I got one as a Christmas gift and have been playing it nearly every day. I love that thing. I can't believe people are still camping out for it. The demand is insane.

I'm happy for Nintendo. I've always been a Nintendo fanboy as a kid so the fact that their system has exceeded their projected demand is good news for me.

Even if the remote swinging is a novelty, I think it's going to get gaming companies thinking about more ways to play games aside from Football and First Person Shooters.

savage

Reaction score
I've only gotten Wii'd once but it was awesome. I would totally buy one over a PS3 or Xbox if I had the chance. Wii may not have the graphics as the others, but the graphics aren't everything and I think Nintendo is proving that.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On release date, I simply took the train in the morning to Nintendo World her in NYC, waited 7.5 hours on line and got one for my son. Of course he loves it but I love it also
bounce2.gif
The potential is tremendous and the current lineup is great. My local Gamestop gets tons of requests for the Wii which they can't fill but they told me that they have PS3's in stock that they cannot get rid of, even ones that were reserved are not being picked up. I'm very happy for Nintendo ( I think the Wii was named by Forbes as one of last year's most revolutionary products or something). They kept it simple and enjoyable, which to me as what games should be about. Some dude has a site where he detailed his weight loss due to the Wii. The remotes breaking TV's and windows probably sold more units for them than any advertising did.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always pre-order. I got mine on launch day.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
...I am home on lunch from my store and I have one lying around. Odds are it won't make it till closing tonight. We got five this afternoon and are down to the last one.

Mike

Reaction score
The Target store near me got a shipment of about 70 Wiis last saturday. A buddy of mine showed up about 20 minutes before the store opened and he told me that there was only 20 or 30 people in line. Needless to say he got one, and it only took about 30 minutes, with no camping out.

Stax

Reaction score
Call the EB Games at the Westfield Century City shopping center in LA. They may have a few in stock.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they're that difficult to buy nowadays. I'm not a huge gamer, but I played a few games the other day on a friend's console. I was impressed! I still wouldn't buy one, but what a novel concept.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads